CLiK SPRAY-ON SHEEP BLOWFLY TREATMENT
Active Ingredient: Dicyclanil @ 50g/L
CLiK Spray-On Sheep Blowfly Treatment is for the protection of sheep, either off-shears or with any length wool, against fly strike (Lucilia cuprina) for 18 to 24 weeks. CLiK Spray-On Sheep Blowfly Treatment is for the protection of mulesing and marking wounds on sheep against fly strike (Lucilia cuprina) during the wound healing process.
CLiK Spray-On provides season length protection to sheep against body, crutch and poll strike and may be used either off-shears or on sheep with any length wool. CLiK Spray-On also protects mulesing and marking wounds on lambs against fly strike during the wound healing process. The dose volume is determined by the weight of sheep being treated.
Benefits of CLiK Spray On:
- Ready-to-use spray-on/pour-on formulation containing 50 g dicyclanil per liter
- Dicyclanil, the active ingredient of CLiK, is an insect growth regulator belonging to the group of pyrimidinamines.
- Dicyclanil interferes with the chitin metabolism of the insect, in a way that is not yet exactly known.
- Treated larvae will therefore be unable to moult to the next stage.
- The molecule shows a high specificity for Dipteran fly larvae.CLiK is to be used exclusively in a preventative way; i.e. the flock must be treated prior to an anticipated fly wave.
- First instar larvae are much more susceptible to dicyclanil than second and third instars, and established strikes may thus not be immediately cured.
Dose Rate & Application:
The recommended dose rate is of 30 to 100 mg a.i. / kg bodyweight (0.6 to 2 ml of CLiK / kg bodyweight), according to the sheep weight and the type of strike.
For further details, please refer to local label recommendations.
The protection period following a CLiK application will be of 16 to 24 weeks according to local conditions.
- Use only a spray-on applicator gun recommended by Elanco.
- Ensure the applicator gun is clean.
- Calibrate applicator gun using an accurate volume measure.
- Ensure all areas to be protected are treated.
- When preventing body strike ensure bands overlap along the midline (Diagram 1).
- When protecting mulesing wound from fly strike, take special care to treat the wound and the surrounding 25 mm of wool (Diagram 2).
- When protecting marking wounds from fly strike, take special care to treat the wound and surrounding wool (Diagram 3).
- This product is not recommended for treating existing strikes. Use a product registered as a dressing for existing strikes (e.g. Extinosad™ Aerosol, Extinosad™ Eliminator).
- Heavy rain following the application of this product could diminish the period of protection.
- CLiK™ Spray-On contains a scourable colouring agent for easy band identification.
- Withholding periods must be observed following application of CLiK™ Spray-On for any purpose including after mulesing and/or marking as finite residues will occur.
- Do not dilute
- Do not mix with any other product
Withholding Period Details (WHP / ESI)
- MEAT: DO NOT USE less than 28 days before slaughter for human consumption.
- MILK: DO NOT USE on ewes which are producing or may in the future produce milk that may be used or processed for human consumption.
- WOOL HARVESTING INTERVAL: DO NOT USE less than 3 months before shearing or fibre collection. TRADE ADVICE EXPORT SLAUGHTER INTERVALS (ESIs): SHEEP (long wool) DO NOT USE less than 60 days before slaughter for export. SHEEP (6 weeks wool or less) DO NOT USE less than 120 days before slaughter for export.
Pack Sizes: 5L & 20L
Registrant: Elanco Australasia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 50005)