TALON RAT & MOUSE CONTROL PELLETS 150-gm (6 x 25gm DIY pellet trays)
Active Ingredient: Brodifacoum @ 0.05g/kg
TALON is a ready to use bait for use in and around industrial, commercial, public services, agricultural and domestic buildings. Talon Control Rodents resistant to other anticoagulants, including war-farin, coumatetralyl and bromadiolone.
TALON is a highly palatable, effective and versatile single feed rodenticide for professionals. TALON comes in a choice of formulations – wax blocks that are moisture and weather resistant; and cereal based medium sized pellets which replicate the preferred food for most species. TALON contains a human taste deterrent (bittering agent) and in the case of accidental ingestion the antidote vitamin K1 is readily available. There is minimal risk to non-target animals and humans when placed in inaccessible areas as directed on the label.
Benefits of Talon Rat & Mouse Control Pellets
- Kills rats and mice with a single feed
- Highly attractive to rodents
- Less bait required, therefore very cost effective
- Kills rodents that are resistant to other rodenticides
- Clean and easy to use
- HACCP certified
- Only one feed required to kill rodents within 14 days. If activity continues then additional rodents are present.
In general, once poisoning has commenced, rodents will be attracted to the nearest available source of water. Ensuring sources of water inside the building are covered or removed will assist in ensuring rodent leave the building before dying.
While rodents do readily consume Talon, if other food sources are available they may choose to eat that instead of the Talon. By removing other sources of food the rodents will naturally tend to consume the Talon.
Single feed second generation anticoagulant rodenticide. Control of mice and rats in and around industrial, commercial, public services, agricultural and domestic buildings. For control of rodents in damp and dry situations. Controls species resistant to war-farin, coumatetralyl and bromadiolone.
Contains Bitrex human taste deterrent.
Ready to use pellets bait for use in damp or dry situations in and around industrial, commercial, public services, agricultural and domestic buildings Controls rodents resistant to other anticoagulants, including war-farin, coumatetralyl and bromadiolone
ONE FEED KILLS RATS AND MICE*
- Eliminate as far as practical, all alternative food sources
- Bait infested area. Place bait stations under cover.
- Set out bait stations in places fequented by mice and rats in and around buildings (within 2m) or enclosed spaces, eg drains.
- Actively search for, remove and destroy dead and moribund rodents whilst bait is being used
- Clean-Out Treatments are used to remove existing infestations of rats and mice
- Always record the number and locations of bait stations for the purpose of bati replacement and later removal
- For rats, place 1 to 3 bait stations at intervals of 5 to 9m in infested areas
- For mice, place single bait stations at 2 to 3 m intervals in infested areas
- Place bait stations so as to prevent access to non-target animal. Fix the stations securely to the substrate with nails or wire, where necessary.
- Use the greater number of bait stations and shorter distance between bait placements when infestations are heavy.
- Conduct initial inspection of bait points after 3 or 4 days. Replace bait stations where the bait has been consumed. Repeat approximately 4 days later and then weekly. Replace contaminated or spoiled baits.
- Baiting for at least 2 weeks (3 to 4 pulses) will be necessary to reduce rat.mouse numbers to a low level. Although heavy infestations may require longer treatments to achieve complete eradication.
- Discontinue the treatment when effective control has has been achieved and remove all bait and bait stations unless a maintenance treatment is to be undertaken.
Monitoring and/or maintenance Treatments
- Monitoring and maintenance treatments are required at sensitive sites where there is no current rodent infestation but where the prevention of such infestation is essential to prevent significant risks to human health. Such treatments may be a condition for audit approval within food safety guidelines. However, all use of this product must comply with the conditions of this label.
- Always record the number and locations of the bait stations for the purpose of bait replacement and later removal
- For rats and mice place one station at intervals of between 15 and 30 metres in areas prone to rodent infestation
- Place bait stations so as to prevent access to non-target animals. Always use tamper-resistant bait stations for monitoring and maintenance treatments and fix with nails or wire if necessary.
- Use placebo or unpoisoned bait blocks if the placement of the bait away from buildings presents a hazard to non-target animals
- When a rodent infestation is detected the operator should revert to the directions for clean-out treatments.
Most deaths occur 4 to 7 days after consumption of bai. Locate bait stations along walls or rafters and in dark sheltered spots where there are signs of rodent activity. Record the number and location of bait stations for the purpose of replenishment and later removal.
*Note, one feed is sufficient to kill rats and mice. Rats and mice will continue to eat the bait after a lethal dose have been eaten.
- One feed is sufficient to kill rats & mice.
- Controls species which are resistant to war-farin & bromadiolone
- Contains human taste deterrent Bitrix which prevents accidental consumption by children
- Active ingredient – Brodifacoum
- Pellet trays can be used where there are signs of rodent activity: * Along dark walls and rafters. * In dark sheltered areas.
- Mice require several feeding locations not more than 3m apart.
- Rats require large quantities of bait placed in 1 or 2 locations, not more than 9m apart.
- For effective control continue to bait until feeding ceases.
- Most rodent deaths occur 4 to 7 days after consumption of bait, but deaths may occur for up to 2 weeks.
- Do not let cats or dogs eat poisoned mice and rats.
- Eliminate all alternative food sources
- Cut open the pellet tray where shown to expose the bait
- Try not to touch the bait, as it deters rats & mice from consuming it
- Product is authorised for use in and around buildings (within 2 m) only.
- Do not place pellets in the open
- Do not place pellets in locations accessible to children & pets
- Use for controlling wildlife or rodent like animals requires permission from wildlife authorities
Pack Sizes Available: 150gm, 1kg & 10kg
Registrant: Syngenta Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 33896)