Cydectin Platinum Pour-On for Cattle (Dual Active Low Volume LV)
Active Ingredients: Moxidectin @ 10g/L & Levamisole @ 200g/L
Cydectin Platinum Pour-On is a highly effective broad-spectrum pour-on for treating and controlling sensitive and single and dual resistant strains of gastrointestinal parasites in beef and dairy cattle (non-lactating).
Cydectin Platinum Pour-On offers unrivalled worm control through its Dual Actives – the potency and persistency of Moxidectin as well as the broad spectrum activity of a second active (Levamisole), it is highly effective against single and dual resistant worm strains.
Cydectin Platinum Pour-On reduces pasture contamination for 21-35 days, has a short 7 Day meat WHP, 20 Day ESI and can be used in dairy cattle 28 days prior to calving. It is non-irritant with the convenience of a low volume pour-on.
The New DMI-Sorb Formulation Technology provides a pour-on that stays on, enhances absorption of the actives and reduces active absorption variability between animals.
What Is Cydectin Platinum Pour-On?
- The world’s first Dual Active Moxidectin Levamisole Pour-on.
- The most recently tested pour-on cattle drench in Australia, proven to be highly effective against key cattle worms including single and dual resistant strains.
- The only combination cattle drench with persistent activity that provides cleaner pastures (up to 35 days).
- Shortest Meat withholding period and ESI of any combination drench
- No known impact on Dung Beetles.
- Rainfast from 2 hours after treatment.
- Non-irritant – does not irritate the skin or damage the hide.
- Low odour and non-flammable.
- Safe for concurrent use with vaccines and mineral supplements (such as Multimin).
Cydectin Platinum is an endoparasiticide with efficacy in treating and controlling gastrointestinal parasites in cattle. It is effective against strains of gastrointestinal nematodes with single or dual resistance to the macrocyclic lactone family (including one or more of: abamectin, doramectin, ivermectin and/or moxidectin) and/or imidazothiazoles (levamisole). Levamisole is also active against susceptible benzimidazole-resistant strains.
Cydectin Platinum contains moxidectin, a member of the macrocyclic lactone family of chemicals. It also contains levamisole, a member of the imidazothiazole family of chemicals. Resistance may develop to any chemical.
Cydectin Platinum Pour-On is effective in the treatment and control of sensitive and single or dual resistant strains of the following parasites of cattle:
Adult and larval (L4) stages of:
- Barber’s Pole Worm – Haemonchus placei
- Small Brown Stomach Worm – Ostertagia ostertagi (O. lyrata) including inhibited larvae
- Stomach Hair Worm – Trichostrongylus axei
- Black Scour Worm – Trichostrongylus colubriformis & Trichostrongylus longispicularis
- Small Intestinal Worm – Cooperia oncophora (C.surnabada/C.mcmasteri), Cooperia punctate & Cooperia pectinata
- Nodule Worm – Oesophagostomum radiatum
In cattle, following a single application at the recommended dose rate, Cydectin Platinum Pour-On prevents re-infection with sensitive strains of the following parasite species:
- Haemonchus placei – 14 days
- Trichostrongylus axei – 14 days
- Ostertagia ostertagi / O. lyrata – 14 days
New contamination of pasture is reduced for 21-35 days after treatment.
- 1 Litre – EZIPour Graduated Container
- 2 Litre – Includes Cydectin Platinum Applicator, Draw-off and backpack strap
- 5 Litre – Includes Cydectin Platinum Applicator, Draw-off and backpack strap
- 7 Litre – (2 L + 5 L) Includes Cydectin Platinum Applicator, Draw-off and backpack strap
- 10 Litre – Includes Cydectin Platinum Applicator, Draw-off and CAP-TAP
Registrant: Virbac (Australia) Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 88072)