Marking Ring Applicator – Metal Superior (A2095)
The Marking Ring Applicator / Elastrator is used as ring applicator for castration and in the process of removal or destruction of an animals testicles. Band Castration is a modern and bloodless castration method in calves, young goats, and lambs.
Testicles are killed by obstructing the blood supply. Young calves can be castrated with rubber rings. The band cuts off blood supply to the testicles. Any feeling of discomfort will quickly leave the animal as the parts become numb. In time, the scrotum and testicles fall from the body.
The Marking Ring Applicator can also be used for docking lambs.
The Marking Ring Applicator – Metal Superior (A2095) is a reliable tool for bloodless castrating suitable for use on;
- Young Goats
Band Castration is effective because
- Modern, easy and bloodless.
- Less stress on the animal.
- Work Efficiency is high, have more work done in less time.
- No risk of serious bleeding.
- Outer Diameter: 13.80mm
- Inner Diameter: 6.00mm
- Thickness: 5.25mm
Castrating benefits by:
- Stop the production of male hormones and semen.
- Prevent mating and reproduction.
- Produce docile cattle that are easier to handle.
- Decrease aggressiveness.
- Enhance on-farm safety.
- Decrease farm running cost.
- Provide quality meat products.
The Marking Ring Applicator / Elastrator is a stainless steel applicator which is tough and durable.
The Marking Ring Applicator / Elastrator is well constructed and should suit most applications.
Recommended to be used with Bainbridge Marking Rings Green (A2102) – Not supplied with applicator
Bainbridge Vet Stock Code: A2095