WSD Trough Blox
Active Ingredient: Copper (CU) Present As Copper Sulfate @ 63g/kg
Similar or comparable to Trough Block Algaecide (David Gray)
WSD Trough Blox are for the control of algae and slime in stock troughs (plastic & concrete). WSD Trough Blox also provides a copper supplement to livestock. Each 200gm copper block contains 63g/Kg copper in a slowly soluble block for use in stock water troughs.
WSD Trough Blox are suitable for use in the water supplies of animals producing milk for human consumption including milking sheep, dairy cattle & dairy goats.
The slime coating that grows in troughs is called biofilm and is caused by bacteria colonies living in the trough. Stock drop food into troughs and other organic material and faeces can also find their way into the water and these are all sources of harmful bacteria. When the weather is warm, toxic algal blooms can also form.
Why choose WSD Trough Blox;
- Contains the active ingredient Copper @ 63g/kg.
- Control of algae and slime in stock troughs.
- Suitable for use in plastic and cement troughs.
- Suitable for use in the water supplies of animals producing milk for human consumption including milking sheep, dairy cattle & dairy goats.
- Nil WHP.
- Last in troughs up to 8 weeks.
- Can be used to provides a copper supplement to livestock.
Advice on using WSD Trough Blox;
- WSD Trough Blox are safe to use with most livestock water supplies.
- Blocks usually last 4 – 8 weeks. Replace block when slime starts to return.
- Do not use in steel (bare metal) tanks or troughs.
- Do not overdose stock water supplies when using this product.
- Copper should not be used in human drinking water.
- The block will add copper to the water. Do not use in areas or districts where high copper levels are known to occur or where there is a risk of chronic copper toxicity.
- Care should be exercised with livestock fed a ration supplemented with copper or if copper bullets have been administered.
- For troughs of less than 7000-litre capacity, each 200g block should be divided into the proportion appropriate to the volume of the trough.
- If stock is suspected of having Lupinosis, remove blocks from the trough immediately.
- This product should not be used or should be used with care when the animals are already copper sufficient or have been grazing in a pasture containing plants that cause liver damage.
WSD Trough Blox Pack Size: 200gm Block (20 per Carton)
Registrant: WSD Agribusiness Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 42131)