Active Ingredients: Pendimethalin @ 10g/kg & Dimethenamid-P @ 7.5g/kg
Freehand Herbicide is for pre-emergent control of weeds associated with ornamental plants in containers and in-ground and in warm-season turf.
Freehand Herbicide provides powerful pre-emergent control for the toughest weeds.
Freehand Herbicide offers the ornamental grower and turf manager a new tool for pre-emergent weed control of broadleaf and grassy weeds. Its two unique active ingredients, pendimethalin and dimethenamid-P, prevent weeds from growing and multiplying by inhibiting cell growth in seedling shoots and impeding plant cell microtubule assembly in roots.
This powerful herbicide is labelled for the control and suppression of more than 60 of the toughest, most troublesome weeds; promoting higher quality and more marketable plants, and more attractive turf.
Why choose Freehand Herbicide:
- Broad-spectrum weed control: Freehand is a unique combination of two modes of action (Groups D and K) for broader spectrum weed control and resistance management. Freehand is safe on a broad range of ornamental crops and warm-season turfs and provides up to three months of control and suppression of over 60 of the toughest weeds
- Easy to use: Freehand’s granular formulation and excellent particle distribution allows for easy spreading and flexible application rates. Freehand can be applied at 100-200 kg/ha (10-20 g/m2 ) depending on target weeds.
- Excellent Residual control: One application of Freehand provides residual control that stops weeds as they germinate for up to three months, giving season-long weed control. Freehand is also very stable on the soil surface and does not need to be watered in immediately. Rainfall or irrigation will move the product to the target site and activate the herbicide maintaining long-lasting weed control.
One application will last for 2- 3 months depending upon rainfall, irrigation, soil type (potting mix), temperature and weed seed burden.
What turf species and situations can Freehand Herbicide be used on:
Recreational Turf: including but not limited to: fairways, golf tees, municipal sports fields, industrial commercial and domestic lawns.
Warm Season Turf species only:
- Hybrid Couch (Cynodon dactylon Cynodon transvaalensis)
- Common Couch (Cynodon dactylon)
- QLD Blue Couch (Digitaria didactyla)
- Carpet Grass (Axonopus compressus)
- Kikuyu (Pennisetum clandestinum)
- Buffalo (Stenotaphrum secundatum)
- Zoysia (Zoysia japonica and Zoysia matrella)
What are some of the weeds Freehand Herbicide is registered to control;
|Amaranth Or Amaranthus||Fleabane||Queensland Bluegrass|
|Annual Nettles – Suppression||Fumitory – Suppression||Red Caustic Creeper|
|Annual Ryegrass||Giant Or Black Pigweed||Red Flinders Grass|
|Awnless Barnyard Grass||Green Amaranth||Scarlet Pimpernel – Seedling|
|Barnyard Or Water Grass||Green Fat Hen||Scrambling Speedwell – Suppression|
|Bittercress – Suppression||Green Summer Grass – B. Subquadripara||Shepherd’s Purse|
|Blackberry Nightshade – Suppression||Guinea Grass||Signal Grass|
|Bladder Ketmia||Hedge Or Wild Mustard||Small Burrgrass|
|Button Grass||Indian Hedge||Sow Or Milk Thistle|
|Caltrop – Tribulis Terrestis||Mustard||Stagger Weed – Suppression|
|Chickweed||Lesser Swinecress Or Bittercress||Stink Grass|
|Common Bittercress Or Flickweed||Liverseed Or Urochloa Grass||Subterranean Clover – Suppression|
|Common Heliotrope||Liverwort||Summer Grass|
|Common Verbena – Supression||Mintweed – Suppression||Toad Rush|
|Crassula – Suppression||Mossman River Grass / Spiny Burr Grass||Turnip Weed – Suppression|
|Creeping Oxalis||Native Millet||Weeping Lovegrass|
|Crested Goosefoot||Pale Pigeon Grass||White Clover|
|Crowsfoot Grass||Paspalidium Spp||White Eye Or Mexican Clover|
|Cudweed – Gnaphalium Luteo-Album||Pennyroyal – Suppression||Wild Hops|
|Dandelion – Taraxacum Officinale||Pepper Grass||Wild Radish – Suppression|
|Deadnettle||Peppercress – Suppression||Willowherb|
|Dwarf Amaranth Or Boggabri Weed||Pigweed||Winter Grass – Suppression|
|Early Spring Grass||Poa Trivialis||Wireweed Or Knotweed – Seedling|
|Fat Hen||Prickly Lettuce|
Freehand Herbicide Pack Size: 22.7kg
Registrant: BASF Australia Ltd (APVMA #:86278)