Active Ingredient: Prodiamine @ 480g/L
Barricade Herbicide is for pre-emergent control of weeds in established turf, garden beds and nursery pots as per the Directions for Use. Barricade controls susceptible weeds by interfering with cell division in the root tips of newly germinated weeds.
Barricade Herbicide is popular for its ease of use and longevity against troublesome weeds such as crowsfoot grass, crabgrass, chickweed, creeping oxalis, cudweed and sow thistle.
Barricade Herbicide is a non-staining liquid that may be applied as a topical spray to foliage followed by irrigation to wash the product into the growing media, or where canopy density is high as a soil-directed spray.
Barricade controls a wide range of pre-emergent grassy weeds and importantly breaks the germination cycle of Winter Grass (poa annua).
You can trust Barricade to last for up to 6 months so your application window is more flexible.
Barricade Herbicide binds high in the soil profile ensuring turf roots below the barrier are not affected and your turf stays in prime condition. Barricade as a pre-emergent herbicide works in the topsoil layers. Application targeted towards delivering Barricade close to the soil surface is best suited to ensure optimum results. Barricade needs to be washed in within 7 days after application.
What turf species can Barricade Herbicide be used on;
- Bahia Grass (Paspalum notatum)
- Buffalo Grass (Stenotaphrum secundatum)
- Carpet Grass (Axonopus affinis, Axonopus compressus)
- Common Couch (Cynodon dactylon)
- Hybrid Couch (Cynodon dactylon x Cynodon transvaalensis)
- Kikuyu (Pennisetum clandestinum)
- Qld Blue Couch (Digitaria didactyla)
- Seashore Paspalum (Paspalum vaginatun)
- Zoysia (Zoysia japonica, Zoysia matrella)
What weed species does Barricade Herbicide target;
|African Lovegrass (Eragrostis curvula)||Crowsfoot Grass (Eleusine indica)||Ryegrass (Lolium perenne)|
|African Lovegrass (Eragrostis curvula)||Cudweed (Gnaphalium spp)||Sow Thistle (Sonchus spp)|
|Bahia Grass (Paspalum notatum)||Kentucky Blue Grass (Poa patensis)||Summer Grass (Digitaria sanguinalis)|
|Barnyard Grass (Echinocloa crus-galli)||Parramatta Grass (Sporobolus africana)||Willowherb(Epilobium ciliatum)|
|Barnyard Grass (Echinocloa crus-galli)||Paspalum (Paspalum dilitatum)||Winter Grass (Poa annua)|
|Crab Grass (Digitaria sanguinalis)||Prairie Grass (Bromus wildenowie)|
|Creeping Oxalis (Oxalis corniculata)||Rat’s Tail Fescue (Vulpia myuros)|
Why Choose Barricade Herbicide:
- Contains the active ingredient Prodiamine, a member of the dinitroaniline herbicides.
- Pre Emergent control for up to 6 months with a single application.
- Low risk of herbicide to the turf.
- Mixes completely with water and produces a homogenous easy to apply suspension.
- Can be tank-mixed with monument liquid for a complete couch solution for Poa annua control .
- An economical solution for many grassy weeds including African Lovegrass, Parramatta Grass, Summer Grass, Crab Grass, Crowsfoot Grass and Winter Grass.
- Flexible application window – well before weeds germinate exempt from poison scheduling.
- Low odour, non-staining formulation with the flexibility to delay wash-in for a few days if necessary.
- A complete couch solution for Poa annua control when mixed with Monument Liquid Turf Herbicide.
Barricade Herbicide Pack Sizes: 1L & 5L
Registrant: Syngenta Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 62982)