4ml Spot Gun – Soil & Stem Injector (For use with Hexazinone / Velpar)
- 1 x 4mL Handgun which is used for soil application and stem injection
- 1 x 5L BackPack (Suitable for Hexazine Herbicide.), Straps, feeder tube and springs.
- 1 x Service Kit (Seal, Spring & Valve)
- Nb: Backpack Draw Up Tube & Backpack Holder are not included
The Hexazinone 4mL Spot Gun is specially designed for Hexazinone Herbicide (Velpar L) application for soil and for stem injection techniques.
The calibration dial has three settings and can be quickly and easily set at the required dose depending on the application technique.
Hexazinone Herbicide is available in 10L containers to make filling the 5L Backpack easier.
- The Spotgun is versatile – it can be used for soil application and stem injection including Hexazinone Herbicide.
- Hexazinone Herbicide controls a wide range of problem species.
- Hexazinone Herbicide is more cost efficient than other available chemicals and techniques. It saves time, labour and chemical costs.
- It gives excellent regrowth and sucker control.
- It is convenient and easy to apply.
- There is no time wasted mixing sprays.
- There are no hassles of carrying spray equipment and dragging hoses around the scrub.
- There is no vapour or spray drift with a Spotgun.
- Roots degrade quickly for easy removal.
- It can be conveniently carried around the farm.
Why the 4 ml Spot Gun / Soil Injector Is so Easy to Use:
Instead of being mixed with Diesel or water, Hexazinone Herbicide is applied undiluted through the Spot Gun. Fill the backpack with straight Hexazinone and you are ready to go. There is no mixing, no heavy hoses to drag around, no heavy knapsack on your back and virtually no effort. You can forget about all the time wasted setting up equipment and mixing sprays. Its a go anywhere system and you can use it anytime.
4 ml Spot Gun / Soil Injector Maintenance:
It is essential to clean the 4mL Spot Gun after each use. The easiest way is to put warm water in the backpack and pump it through the Spotgun. Be careful that the wastewater does not drain onto any desirable plants. To make the 4mL Spot Gun easier to use, it is recommended to pump Castor Oil or Vegetable Oil through it before commencing applications.
- Hexazinone may be used all year round but since rainfall is required to move it into the soil and to promote active plant growth, quickest results are obtained when it is applied to moist soil and rainfall follows soon after application.
- Hexazinone can remain on the soil surface during extended periods of dry weather and when the rain comes there is little loss of control.
- Do not apply, flush or clean equipment near desirable vegetation as Hexazinone Herbicide residue may affect them. As a general rule you should not apply Hexazinone Herbicide closer than within twice the height of trees and vegetation you do not wish to control.