The Allflex AWR250 Stick Reader is a highly economical, yet powerful, solution for quickly and reliably reading the electronic identification (EID) tags of large numbers of animals, and for managing animal events. The new AWR250 Stick Reader is considered the most economical ISO11785 stick reader. It combines all important features in an ergonomic, robust housing at a very reasonable cost. With a large colour display and a convenient keyboard, it is very easy to use. The different lights, sounds and vibrations give clear signals about the ongoing operation.
The AWR250 reads all types of HDX and FDX-B transponders, ear tags and bolus compatible with ISO standard 11784/5. The new energy-optimized reader technology used in the AWR250 Stick Reader in combination with a powerful Li-ON battery offers a long operation and standby time. For convenient power management, the AWR250 can be recharged at any USB Power supply.
The battery allows permanent read mode for very fast reading, e. g. at loading or unloading of animals for about 6 hours. At the normal push and read mode, the battery will last for days. The large memory allows the storage of 100,000 tags plus a time-stamp and additional data. The memory can be arranged in groups. The USB mass storage mode enables easy access to data without additional drivers. Up to 25 Tasks created by the Allflex Task Software can be loaded into the AWR250 and make data collection at the animal as easy as a touch of a button.
The large backlit Colour Display allows convenient reading of IDs and additional data after scanning. The casing combines lightweight and robustness with an ergonomic design.
The AWR250 Stick Reader consists of an integrated USB interface for wired and Class 1 Bluetooth for wireless communication and connects with Android applications for easy data management on Smartphones and with major brands of scales for weight recording.
The free AgriLink Software provided with the AWR250 makes the upload of Link lists (VID, Alarm) and the download of the collected data very easy. AgriLink can save the data in Excel Format as well.
Why choose the Allflex AWR250 Stick Reader
- Advanced management
- Supporting full animal event management, with large memory allowing storage of up to 100,000 records in groups.
- Easy upload and download of data, along with the possibility to export data to Excel or management software.
- Advanced connectivity
- Comprehensive reading capabilities, including all types of HDX and FDX-B transponders, ear tags and bolus.
- Bluetooth and USB interfaces are included as standard, and a revolutionary magnetic plug facilitates USB connectivity.
- Unique online mode and connectivity with iPhone and Android apps allow mobile data management.
- Easy and comfortable use
- Lightweight, ergonomically designed readers with a durable casing.
- The large, backlit, colour display enables efficient reading of identification and other scanned data. The reading process is easily controlled, even in noisy environments, with the help of LED indicators, a vibrating motor, and loud, operation-specific sounds.
What are the specifications of the Allflex AWR250 Stick Reader
- Memory/Storage 8GB (100,000 records) plus a time-stamp and additional data
- Frequency 134.2 kHz
- Transponder types HDX and FDX-B compliant according to ISO11784/11785, EM4002 optional
- Read range 25 cm with HDX transponders (30 mm Ø) and FDX-B transponders (30 mm Ø)
- Synchronization Wireless Synchronization allows the operation with other readers in close vicinity according to ISO24631-2
- Interfaces USB (Virtual Comport or Mass Storage Device), Bluetooth 4.0 – Class 1 & Android and Windows 8 compatible
- Power supply 3.6 V Li-Ion battery with 2.600 mAh capacity, Recharge with any external USB power supply (Full charge 3h at 1000 mA)
- Display 2.4 inch TFT colour (65K colours) with Adjustable backlight
- Keypad 7 keys, directional pad with “OK” button in the middle and two additional soft keys below the display
- Signals 2 Status LEDs above the display (one RGB and one blue) and Audio Speaker
- Operating Temperature -20° to 60°C
- Storage Temperature -20° to 80°C
- Charging Temperature – 0° to 45°C
- Dimensions – L x W x H: 650L x 85W x 42H(mm)
- Weight Approx. 650 g
What’s included with the AWR250 Stick Reader;
- 1 x A USB-A to Magnetic-Connector cable (Charging & Data Transfer). The USB-A plug can be connected to any USB- port. Note that the appropriate USB driver must be installed first.
Is the reader Carry Case included with the AWR250 Stick Reader;
- No, the Allflex AWR250 Stick Reader Hard Carry Case can be purchased as an optional extra.
AWR250 Stick Reader Manufacturer: Allflex (Product Code: 19317)