Gallagher HR4 v2 Hand Held EID Tag Reader & Data Collector
The Gallagher HR4 v2 Hand Held EID Tag Reader & Data Collector is a Bluetooth and WiFi enabled reader that allows the user to read and store ISO animal Electronic tag ID numbers as well as record traits and activities against the ID. The Gallagher HR4 is also capable of sorting animals from a predefined list of Electonic IDs and it can read both HDX (Half Duplex) and FDX-B (Full Duplex) Electronic ID Tags.
The Gallagher HR4 v2 Hand Held EID Tag Reader & Data Collector is more than just an EID tag reader. The HR4 v2 also records animal data such as breed, sex, condition score and pregnancy status, and shows history, enabling immediate stock management decisions in the yard. Record, view, sort and add animal data anywhere on the farm
The HR4 has a large easy to read LCD clearly shows (even in bright sunlight) visual and EID tag numbers to confirm the correct animal’s information.
Electronic Identification (EID) collected by the HR4 provides you with accessible, accurate identification of your individual animals, giving you the ability to make better, more informed farm management decisions.
Why Choose the HR4?
- Full animal management recording capabilities including weight and other animal data.
- Excellent read accuracy with positive confirmation of tag read (beeper sound and LED flash).
- Ergonomic design with soft grip handle.
- Super safe hand guard and long snout to reduce risk of trapping hand or arm.
Collect data, using pre-defined traits:
- Choose multiple traits to record against each animal such as breed, sex, condition score and pregnancy status
- Make drafting decisions in the yard. Pre-defined sort groups are assigned a colour to quickly identify the animal you are looking for
- View animal history – see past traits, activities and life data previously recorded against that EID number
Fast and continuous reading:
- Read multiple tags in quick succession with one trigger click – no need to repeatedly click the trigger between reads
- Easy immediate tag read feedback with a vibrating handle, loud beeper and super bright LED at end of snout
- Award winning ergonomic design comfortable for long usage times, reduces risk of trapping hand or arm in animal handlers and simple trigger action for each read
Transfer and analyse data easily:
- USB cable connects to a PC to transfer data to Animal Performance Software (included), for easy data management and uploading to NAIT
- Easily connect via Bluetooth to other devices
- Cables included for PC connection and to charge in the car
- Compatible with all brands of weigh scales
Animal Performance Software (APS) included. (Standard version worth $199+GST) – analyse data and upload to NAIT in three easy steps
Easily transfer animal information via email using the Gallagher Animal Data Transfer App.
Whats includes in the kit?
The Gallagher HR4 box contains:
- Gallagher Hr4 hand Held EID Reader & Data Collector (Bluetooth enabled).
- 5 VDC USB Charger (110-240 VAC).
- USE Car Charger (12-24 VDC).
- 12 volt battery cable.
- USB cable.
- Instruction manual.
- Animal Performance Software.
- Bonus online offer to extend the warranty from 1 year (standard) to 2 years for free
- Memory capacity – 100,000
- Large 2.8” colour LCD backlit screen
- Re-configure settings on the Reader itself
- WiFi connectivity (v2 versions only)
- USB connectivity
- Powered by internal rechargeable battery
- Bluetooth Adaptor for non-Bluetooth EID compatible weigh scales – Sold separately
- Comfortable ergonomic, soft grip handle
- Rugged carry case
Visual Id and Eid Tag Management:
- Visual ID cross reference table
- Continuous tag read mode
- Vibration, audible feedback and LED confirmation of tag read
Session and Drafting Activity:
- Record alerts, as a reminder, when animal is next scanned
- Pick-list data entry
- View animal history by trait, life data or activity
- Assign sort colour (virtual raddle)
- Distinction between traits, life data and activities
- Date and time stamp on all records
- Number of animal traits per session – 3
- FREE Android and Apple App for easy transfer of animal data to NLIS
- Animal Performance Software (APS Standard) for PC