Trimmit Growth Regulator was discontinued by Syngenta in 2023
A similar or comparable product is Kult Plant Growth Regulator (Paclobutrazol)
Active Ingredient: Paclobutrazol 250g/L
Trimmit Growth Regulator is for the control of growth in ornamental & hedging plants.
Trimmit improves the appearance of hedges while cutting down labour costs, helping you keep your plants in shape for less.
Recent trials demonstrated a single application of Trimmit Growth Regulator reduces hedge regrowth by up to 90% leaving you with hedges that require less maintenance. This is due to the regulator’s innovative mode of action, an early gibberellic acid inhibitor that suppresses the growth of terminal shoots for up to 12 months while encouraging the plant’s axillary buds to grow. The result is not only denser, greener hedges that remain beautifully uniform for longer, but also healthier plants that can better withstand drought and other high-stress conditions.
Why choose Trimmit Growth Regulator:
- Contains the active ingredient Paclobutrazol.
- Better looking hedges.
- Improved drought tolerance.
- Improves hedge uniformity.
- Reduction in required labour.
- Less green waste for disposal.
- Deeper, greener colour.
- Economical application rates.
- 1-Litre of Trimmit will treat up to 2000 plants when mixed at a low rate.
- Less HSE requirements, eg. traffic control, ladders, trimmers.
What species can Trimmit Growth Regulator be used on:
- Golden Duranta (Duranta repens)
- Small leaf Photinia (Photinia glabra)
- Syzygium (Syzygiumaustrale, Syzygium smithii)
- Box (Buxus microphylla)
- Viburnum spp
- Mock Orange (Murraya paniculata)
- Star Jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides)
Trimmit Growth Regulator is a systemic growth regulator that reduces internode lengths of new shoots and causes the earlier formation of terminal buds. The use of Trimmit should begin only when plants are nearing their optimum size, that is once the desired shape (height, width and foliar density) has already been achieved and the plant requires only maintenance thereafter. Responsiveness to this product can vary from site to site.
The active ingredient used in Trimmit Growth Regulator is Paclobutrazol (PBZ) which is a plant growth retardant and triazole fungicide. It is a known antagonist of the plant hormone gibberellin. It acts by inhibiting gibberellin biosynthesis, reducing internodial growth to give stouter stems & increasing root growth.
Pack Size: 1-Litre
Registrant: Syngenta Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 82071)