Polo 570 LVE Herbicide
Active Ingredient: MCPA present as the 2-Ethyl Hexyl Ester @ 570gm/L
Similar or comparable to LVE Agritone Selective Herbicide (Nufarm), 570 LVE Selective Herbicide (Conquest) & LVE MCPA 570 Herbicide (OzCrop)
Polo 570 LVE Herbicide is a low-volatile ester herbicide that selectively controls certain broadleaf weeds in cereals and grass pastures.
Ester formulations are typically more active on weeds in comparison to amines. This is because esters are more soluble when in contact with the plant’s waxy cuticle. Plants are more likely to absorb esters, as amines are more water-soluble quickly. Once the chemical is absorbed into the plant (either amine or ester), it is converted to the active acid, injuring or killing plants that are susceptible to the respective herbicide.
What weeds does Polo 570 LVE Herbicide target;
|Bathurst burr (Xanthium spinosum)||Fumitory (Fumaria)||Saffron thistle (Carthamus lanatus)||Spear thistle (Cirsium vulgare)||Volunteer safflower (Carthamus tinctorius)|
|Capeweed (Arctotheca calendula)||Hedge mustards (Sisymbrium spp)||Scotch (Cotton) thistle (Onopordum acanthium)||Stinging nettle (Urtica urens)||Volunteer sunflower (Helianthus annuus)|
|Charlock (Sinapis arvensis)||Lincoln weed (Diplotaxis tenuifolia)||Shepherd’s purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris)||Stinkwort (Dittrichia graveolens)||Wild radish (Raphanus raphanistrum)|
|Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale)||London rocket (Sismybrium irio)||Skeleton weed (Chondrilla juncea)||Turnip weed (Rapistrum rugosum)||Wild sage (Salvia verbenaca)|
|Deadnettle (Lamium amplexicale)||Noogoora burr (Xanthium occidentale)||Slender thistle (Carduus tenuiflorus)||Variegated thistle (Silybum marianum)||Wild turnip (Brassica spp)|
|Fat hen (Chenopodium album)||Paterson’s curse (Echium plantagineum)||Sow thistle/milkthistle (Sonchus oleracheus)||Volunteer canola (Brassica napus)||Wireweed (Polygonum avicluare)|
What situations can Polo 570 LVE Herbicide be used in;
- Grass Pastures and Grass Seed Crops
- Cereals Wheat, Barley, Oats, Triticale, Cereal rye
- Wheat, Barley, Durum (from the 3-leaf stage (Z13) but prior to the 2-node stage (Z32)
- Wheat (up to early flag leaf (Z37) only)
- Oats, Barley, Triticale and Cereal rye (up to early flag leaf (Z37) only)
Why choose Polo 570 LVE Herbicide;
- It contains the active ingredient MCPA, present as the 2-Ethyl Hexyl Ester.
- The Nufarm quality peace of mind.
- Excellent crop safety when applied within the correct spray window.
- Up to 500mL/ha can be applied at the leaf (cereal crop) stage.
- Compatible with a range of herbicides for a wider range of broadleaf control.
- Compatible with grass selective herbicides for a one-pass operation.
- Group I for radish resistance management.
MCPA is a powerful, selective, widely used phenoxy herbicide. The pure compound is a brown-coloured powder. MCPA has been extensively used in agriculture to control broad-leaf weeds as a growth regulator, primarily in pasture and cereal fields, since 1945. The mode of action of MCPA is as an auxin, which are growth hormones that naturally exist in plants. Overdose application of MCPA acts as a herbicide and results in abnormal growth.
Pack Sizes: 20L, 110L & 1000L
Polo 570 LVE Herbicide Registrant: Nufarm Australia Ltd (APVMA #: 63597)