Surefire Treeson Herbicide
Active Ingredients: Picloram @ 100g/L & Triclopyr @ 200g/L
Surefire Treeson Herbicide is for the control of unwanted timber by stem injection or cut-stump/brushcutter application and control of Blackberry, Gorse & Harrisia Cactus by foliar spray.
What are the target weeds of Surefire Treeson Herbicide:
- Camphor laurel
- Harisia cactus
Where can Surefire Treeson Herbicide be used:
- Agricultural Non-crop Areas
- Rights Of Way
- Commercial/Industrial Land
What are the general application rates for Surefire Treeson Herbicide;
- Stem Injection (1 part Shredder per 4 parts Water)
- Cut Stump/Brush Cutter Applications (500mL per 10L Water). Recommended for saplings that are too small to be stem injected.
- High Volume Spraying (500ml – 2.5L per 100L Water) – Refer to directions of use for specific rates.
Why choose Surefire Treeson Herbicide;
- Contains the active ingredients Triclopyr & Picloram
- Targeted weed control with minimal off-target risk, when applied via specialised application techniques
- Use provides excellent control of single and multi-stemmed saplings where foliar spraying would be difficult or pose a risk to the environment.
- Via cut stump treatment, prevents regrowth of trees following mechanical control.
- May also be used as a high volume foliar spray for some species where the use of ester formulations is restricted.
- Applied either by Stem Injection, Cut Stump or Foliar Spray.
Stem Injection Application: Make horizontal cuts with a narrow-bladed axe (5–7 cm wide) through the bark of the woody weed into the sap stream at waist height. Space these at 10–13 cm centres. Leave the axe in the cut and immediately (within three seconds) apply the Surefire Treeson herbicide down the axe blade, to ensure the full dose enters the sap stream. This is necessary because the plant can seal the cut quickly, thus barring the chemical penetrating into the sap stream. Do not treat trees with poor sap flow, which occurs when plants are stressed. Where low branches are encountered place a cut immediately below the branch.
Cut Stump Application: Cut stump application is the preferred method for saplings that are too small to be stem injected. Cut stems as close to the ground as practical, no higher than 10–15 cm from ground level. Thoroughly apply the Surefire Treeson herbicide mixture or gel immediately after the cut is made. This is necessary because the plant can seal the cut quickly, thus barring the chemical from penetrating into the sap stream.
Foliar Spray Application: This method normally refers to high volume application using a handgun to treat the foliage of the plant. It is recommended to use a No. 5–8 tip on your gun and calibrate your pump pressure to 700–1500 kPa. Ensure you treat the entire leaf area of the plant to the point of run-off, with thorough coverage of the crown, runners and tips. Knapsack and 12-volt sprayer packs are only recommended for the control of herbaceous weeds such as cobblers peg, docks and wandering jew.
Surefire Treeson Herbicide Pack Size: 500mL, 1L, 5L & 20L
Registrant: PCT Holdings Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 68104)