Swat Insecticide for Horses
Active Ingredient: Permethrin (25:75::CIS:TRANS) @ 87g/L
Similar or Comparable to Y-Tex Brute Insecticide For Horses (Landmark Operations)
Swat Insecticide for Horses is a ready-to-use product containing the pyrethroid insecticide Permethrin in a non-irritating oil-based formulation with high residual efficacy against biting and nuisance flies and biting midges (Culicoides spp.) the causal agents of Queensland Itch on horses.
Swat Insecticide For Horses made from Permethrin is applied by wiping the insecticide onto horses for residual control of:
- Buffalo Fly (Haematobia irritans exigua)
- Stable Fly (Stomoxys calcitrans)
- House Fly (Musca domestica)
- Sand Fly or Biting Midges (Culicoides spp.)
Swat Insecticide For Horses is a ready-to-use repellent containing the pyrethroid insecticide Permethrin in a low irritant, oil-based formulation. Its low irritant formula doesn’t contain alcohol (present in most fly sprays), therefore it won’t sting if the horse has been bitten. Swat Insecticide For Horses is also rain-resistant and won’t wash off during rain periods, and it’s easy to apply. Simply use a mitt, cloth or towel and wipe it over the horse. Applied no more than once a week, Swat’s highly concentrated formula protects against buffalo flies, stable flies and sand flies.
Why choose Swat Insecticide For Horses;
- Contains the active ingredient Permethrin.
- One application per week for protection.
- Swat is the most concentrated Permethrin based product available for horses to assure maximum residual efficacy and long-lasting protection.
- Rain & Sweat resistant
- Swat is a low irritant formulation (alcohol-free).
- The wipe-on application technique allows the product to be applied to the most affected areas and to areas where pests tend to congregate.
- Regular use of the product (weekly) will give effective control of susceptible Buffalo Fly, Stable Fly and Horse Fly.
- Regular use of the product (weekly) will prevent, reduce or eliminate Queensland Itch on horses.
- Rain resistant formula for longer-lasting effectiveness.
- One bottle with treat 16 to 27 horses depending on live weight for biting and nuisance flies.
- One 500mL bottle will provide 4 months protection for 1 horse (16 applications)
- Safe to use on pregnant mares and foals over 12 weeks of age.
- Swat is manufactured in Australia
Swat Insecticide For Horses will give effective control of biting and nuisance flies when used as directed. The level and duration of control may be reduced due to high fly pressure or on working horses due to the effects of perspiration.
Queensland itch is very common in the northern parts of Australia. However, it is not confined to these areas as it occurs wherever sand flies exist. When the horse is bitten by a sand fly, small bumps
develop on the skin. Because the lumps are intensely itchy the horse rubs itself, causing loss of hair. Serum oozes from the skin and causes scabs to form. In chronic cases, the skin becomes thickened and corrugated, especially along the flank, neck, buttocks and tail.
What is the general application rate for Swat Insecticide For Horses;
- Biting Flies: Sandfly, including Culicoides spp., Buffalo Fly, Haematobia irritans exigua Y-Tex Brute Insecticide for Horses @ 3mL per 100kg body weight per animal.
- Queensland Itch: (hypersensitivity to Culicoides spp.) @ 3ml / 100 kg body weight per animal. Reapply as needed but not more than once every 7 days.
- Biting and Nuisance Flies: Stable Fly, Stomoxys calcitrans; House Fly, Musca domestica; Buffalo Fly and Sandfly. @ 6 ml / 100kg body weight up to a max. of 30ml per animal.
Swat Insecticide For Horses Pack Size: 500mL (500ml bottle chamber pack includes a convenient 25ml measuring chamber on top.)
Registrant: Bocko P/L & Flexsky P/L in Partnership (APVMA #: 68798)