Tips For Use
Brute Insecticide for Horses will give effective control of biting and nuisance flies when used as directed. The level and duration of control may be reduced due to high fly pressure or on working horses due to the effects of perspiration.
- For the first application of Brute with a new Wipe-on Applicator Mitt, charge the mitt with twice the dosage (60 ml for large horses) and work the product into the absorbent material of the mitt by movement of the hand inside the Mitt.
- The preferred method of treatment is to apply as a whole-body wipe, paying special attention to where pests congregate. The following steps act as an easy guide for applying Brute:
- After the initial charge, apply half the required dosage (15ml for a large horse) to one side of the horse.
- Apply the first sweep of the mitt along the mane, down the middle of the back to the tailhead.
- Run the mitt down the front leg (front and back) several times.
- Use the mitt in long sweeping motions over the rest of the body (ribs, withers, shoulder, rump, face and ears)
- Apply the second half dosage to the other side of the animal using the same procedure as outlined above.
- Return the mitt and bottle to the specially designed drawstring stowage bag.
- Wash hands and protective glove.
- For Sandflies – wipe neck, withers and around the tailhead.
- For Buffalo Flies – wipe sides, shoulders and belly. Apply as directed above.
- For Stable Flies – wipe legs, shoulders and belly.
Refer to directions for use for mixing instructions and use directions prior to use.
- For dirty horses, shampoo and rinse thoroughly.
- Wear protective Brute Applicator Mitt when applying.
- Shake well before using.
- Loosen cap and squeeze bottle to fill measure chamber with required dosage.
- Remove cap and apply to Applicator Mitt.
- Apply 3 to 6 ml per 100kg body weight, depending on targeted pests, up to a maximum of 30ml per animal.
- Brute Insecticide for Horses is a rain resistant formulation but in management situations where horses are regularly shampooed and washed the product can be become depleted on the horse’s hair coat. In these cases, the impregnated mitt can be used more regularly without recharging especially on areas where pests congregate.
Protection of Livestock, Wildlife, Fish, Crustacea and Environment:
- Use Brute Insecticide for Horses only on horses, mules and donkeys.
- This product is highly toxic to fish.
- Do not contaminate streams, rivers or waterways with the insecticide or used containers.
- May irritate the eyes.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Wash hands after use.
- If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre, Phone Australia 13 11 26.
- If additional hazard information is required, refer to the Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
- Store upright at room temperature below 30 degrees Celsius.
- Store in the original container tightly closed in a dry place.
- Do not store in direct sunlight.
Withholding Period Details (WHP):
- Meat: Not to be used in horses that may be slaughtered for human consumption.