Y-Tex Brute Insecticide for Horses
Active Ingredient: Permethrin (25:75::CIS:TRANS) @ 87g/L
Similar or Comparable to Swat Insecticide for Horses (Pharmachem)
Y-Tex Brute Insecticide for Horses is a ready-to-use product containing the pyrethroid insecticide Permethrin in a non-irritating oil based formulation with a high residual efficacy against biting and nuisance flies and biting midges (Culicoides spp.) the causal agents of Queensland Itch on horses.
Brute Insecticide for Horses made from Permethrin is applied by wiping the insecticide onto horses for residual control of:
- Buffalo Fly (Haematobia irritans exigua)
- Stable Fly (Stomoxys calcitrans)
- House Fly (Musca domestica)
- Sand Fly or Biting Midges (Culicoides spp.)
Why choose Y-Tex Brute Insecticide for Horses;
- Contains the active ingredient Permethrin.
- Brute is the most concentrated Permethrin based product available for horses to assure maximum residual efficacy.
- Brute is the only product currently registered for use on horses as a Wipe-on application.
- Brute is a low irritant formulation.
- The wipe-on application technique allows the product to be applied to the most affected areas and to areas where pests tend to congregate.
- Regular use of the product (weekly) will give effective control of susceptible Buffalo Fly, Stable Fly and Horse Fly.
- Regular use of the product (weekly) will prevent, reduce or eliminate Queensland Itch on horses.
- Rain resistant formula for longer-lasting effectiveness.
- One bottle with treat 16 to 27 horses depending on live weight for biting and nuisance flies.
- Brute is manufactured in Australia
Brute for Horses will give effective control of biting and nuisance flies when used as directed. The level and duration of control may be reduced due to high fly pressure or on working horses due to the effects of perspiration.
What is the general application rate for Y-Tex Brute Insecticide for Horses;
- Biting Flies: Sandfly, including Culicoides spp., Buffalo Fly, Haematobia irritans exigua Y-Tex Brute Insecticide for Horses @ 3mL per 100kg body weight per animal.
- Queensland Itch: (hypersensitivity to Culicoides spp.) @ 3ml / 100 kg body weight per animal. Reapply as needed but not more than once every 7 days.
- Biting and Nuisance Flies: Stable Fly, Stomoxys calcitrans; House Fly, Musca domestica; Buffalo Fly and Sandfly. @ 6 ml / 100kg body weight up to a max. of 30ml per animal.
Y-Tex Brute Insecticide for Horses Pack Size: 500mL
- 500ml bottle chamber pack includes a convenient 25ml measuring chamber on top.
- Each bottle is accompanied by a free applicator mitt.
Registrant: Landmark Operations LTD (APVMA #: 53577)