5.0 Cal – Foliar Liquid Calcium
Analysis: Calcium (Ca) 5.00%
5.0 Cal is concentrated liquid calcium specifically engineered for foliar-applied calcium management.
5.0 Cal Foliar Liquid is a blend of calcium with simple and complex carbohydrates.
Calcium supplied by 5.0 Cal aids in the uptake and movement of other nutrients around the plant and is a major constituent of cell walls. It also encourages good respiration especially in periods of high heat and humidity. Turf, which is deficient in calcium, has reduced root growth and pale leaves and does not respond well to nitrogen or iron fertilisers.
Turfgrasses require at least 16 nutrients for normal growth and development. Some nutrients are needed in large amounts, other nutrients only in minute quantities. Regardless of the amount required, a deficiency of any of these nutrients will limit the growth and development of your turf. Thus, a calcium deficiency can be just as detrimental to the plant as a lack of nitrogen, even though turfgrasses use more nitrogen than calcium.
Calcium is a micronutrient that provides your lawn with some important properties. The Calcium in 5.0 Cal acts as a barrier between a plant’s cells and pathogens like viruses and bacteria. It also encourages the division of cells and helps a plant’s stem and root achieve optimum developments.
Calcium needs to be used with care, as it is also alkaline and can affect the pH of the soil. Fine turf does best in acidic soil so calcium if needed should only be applied in small amounts, ideally as a liquid.
Why Choose 5.0 Cal;
- Increases cellular strength.
- Provides energy.
- Addresses calcium deficiencies.
Nutrient Analysis of 5.0 Cal:
- Calcium (Ca) 5.00%
Derived from calcium glucoheptonate.
Pack Sizes: 1-Litre & 10-Litre
Manufacturer: Floratine (USA)
5.0 Cal is part of the HG Xtreme Lawn Addicts range.
- Carbon Tiger (4-4-16) – Potassium for Turf Growth & Hardiness
- Eon Bio – Biological Soil Conditioner & Aerification
- Fight’s On (0-5-18 + 3.6Si) – Liquid Potassium for turfgrass to optimise energy production.
- High Five Turf Biostimulant – Maximise Growth & Development.
- Knife Plus (12-0-0+6 Fe) Turf Biostimulant – High Nitrogen & Iron – Enhanced colour, growth & rapid greening.
- Propel – Soil Conditioner, Catalyst and Penetrant
- ProteSyn (6-2-3) Turf Biostimulant – Stronger, healthier turf and growth in low light/shade.
- ProTurf Granular Fertiliser (20-0-7+6Ca+3%Mg) – High N, Slow Release
- Renaissance Turf Biostimulant – Micronutrients to enhance colour and promote strong, healthy turf.
- Retain Pro Wetter – Soil Moisture Retention
- Spike – Extended Turfgrass Colour & Stress Tolerance
- 5.0 Cal – Foliar Liquid Calcium