Directions Of Use
Initial Charge, Mixing and Stabilising
- For each 1,000L of water in the dip or sump, empty 500g Dipa Tik WP into a bucket containing water and stir into a smooth creamy suspension.
- Pour into dip/sump, then rinse bucket adding rinsing to dip/sump.
- Do not retain opened Dipa Tik WP or Lime Stabiliser packs for later use.
- Use all the contents of each pack immediately after opening since Dipa Tik WP and Lime Stabiliser deteriorate in opened packs.
- Any unused, unstabilised dip wash should be discarded if not used within 24 hours. It should not be retained for later use unless stabilised first.
- Stabilise by mixing the contents of one pack (10kg) of Lime Stabiliser* per 1,000L of water in the dip or sump, taking care to distribute the stabiliser along the surface of the dip. *Hydrated (slaked) lime (80% purity) can be used for this purpose of stabilising.
For each 1,000L of water in the dip add one pack (500g) of Dipa Tik WP as an initial charge. Stabilisation (10kg Hydrated Lime stabilizer per 1,000L of dip wash) is always required. If the dip has not been used for 2 months, add a 10kg bag of lime for every 2,000L in the dip. When the level of the dip has fallen by 700L, top up by adding 700L of water and 500g DipaTik WP plus 10kg Lime Stabiliser. Mix as above. It is not advisable to allow the dip to fall by more than 700L from its original level. It is essential that the dip be stirred at the start of each day’s dipping, and again if more than half an hour between dipping. Use at least 30 head of cattle through the dip and return these to the main mob for re-dipping. If it is some time since the dip has been used, adjust the dip to make up for evaporation or flooding
Dipa Tik WP can be used in spray races, however, Amitraz EC (ie Taktic EC or Amitik EC) is recommended as it mixes fully with water and does not settle quickly. Charge with 500g of Dipa Tik WP per 1,000L, mixing as above. Stabilisation (10kg Lime Stabiliser per 1,000L) is required when unused dip is to be retained for later use (more than 24 hours of initial charge). Each time the level of spray wash in the sump drops by more than 300L reinforce by adding 100g Dipa Tik WP and continue spraying. Do NOT add water. Do NOT add Lime Stabiliser. Continue spraying until no more wash can be pumped out. When the wash is polluted, clean out sump before charging. If the spray wash is not stabilised it is important that all spray wash remaining in the sump be pumped out before recharging if it has stood for more than 24 hours. Once the suspension has been added to the sump, stir thoroughly using the pump or manually with a paddle. Spray wash in the sump must be stirred thoroughly at the commencement of each spraying session and again if there is a break of more than half an hour during spraying.
Refer to Product Label Directions for mixing & application instructions plus critical comments prior to use.
Rates Are a General Guide Only. Before Opening, Carefully Read Dipa Tik Cattle Dip And Spray Directions for Use, Precautionary and Protection Statements, Storage and Disposal, Safety Directions and First Aid Instructions.