Amitik EC Cattle and Pig Spray
Active Ingredient: Amitraz @ 125g/L
Similar or Comparable to Taktic EC Acaricidal Spray For Cattle And Pigs (Virbac) & Exitraz EC Cattle and Pig Spray (Hunter River Co)
Amitik EC Cattle and Pig Spray controls organophosphate and synthetic pyrethroid-resistant Cattle Ticks (Boophilus microplus), Paralysis Ticks (Ixodes holocyclus) and Bush Ticks (Haemaphysalis longicornis) in Beef and Dairy Cattle, in an easy to use liquid formulation. Amitik EC Cattle and Pig Spray also controls Cattle Tick on sheep, goats, deer and certain circus animals in NSW only and Mange in pigs.
Following treatment, cattle will be clean of ticks within 3-4 days and larval ticks are prevented from attaching for up to 7 days after treatment. Susceptible ticks rapidly detach after use.
What is Amitik EC Cattle and Pig Spray?
- A concentrated liquid for use, when diluted, as a spray
- Contains amitraz
- Susceptible ticks rapidly detach after use
- Ideal pre-clearing treatment
- Nil meat withholding period
- Ideal for use on dairy cattle
Amitik EC effectively controls the following external parasites in cattle (NSW, Qld & Nt Only).
- Cattle tick – Boophilus microplus
- New Zealand Cattle tick (Bush Tick) – Haemaphysalis longicornis
- Paralysis tick – Ixodes holocyclus
Amitik EC effectively controls the following external parasites in Sheep, Goats, Deer and certain Circus Animals (NSW Only).
- Cattle tick – Boophilus microplus
Amitik EC is effective for the control of the following external parasites in Pigs.
- Mange – Sarcoptes scabiei var. Suis
Why Choose Amitik EC Cattle and Pig Spray?
- An easy-to-use spray: Amitik EC mixes readily with water. It is suitable for use in spray races and for hand spraying as it does not settle. For dipping applications, Amitik WP is recommended.
- It contains Amitraz: Amitik EC contains amitraz, a highly effective acaricide that controls susceptible ticks on cattle (including those that are resistant to synthetic pyrethroids and organophosphates) and mange mites on pigs. Unlike many other products used for tick control, Amitik kills all stages of the tick, and the ticks detach quickly after treatment. This can reduce the time required for holding cattle in yards before movement and encourages rapid healing of the attachment site. Cattle are normally clear of ticks within 3-4 days of treatment. Unlike some other products, such as the ML pour-ons and injections, amitraz has no activity against internal parasites, so the use of Amitik EC for tick control will not inadvertently select for chemical resistance in worm populations.
- Ideal pre-clearing treatment: Amitik EC is ideal for use as a preliminary treatment before presenting cattle for inspection at the Queensland tick line (as required by law) because it kills all stages of the tick, and ticks detach quickly following treatment. This reduces the length of time required to hold cattle in a tick-free environment before movement and simplifies the management procedures required to minimise the chance of ticks being detected on the cattle during inspection and the additional holding times and costs that are incurred as a result.
- Nil meat withholding period: The nil meat withholding period of Amitik EC provides flexibility to take advantage of marketing opportunities. It allows animals to be clear of susceptible ticks prior to sending them to saleyards (as required by law) quickly and without any resulting withholding issues. Amitik EC can also be used at short intervals to avoid the death of animals, particularly calves, where the paralysis tick pressure is high without generating residue problems.
- Ideal for use in dairy cattle: Amitik EC has a nil milk withholding period, giving dairy farmers the flexibility to treat the milking herd when it is required. The use of an effective spray can also avoid the teat damage that can result from the use of a plunge dip.
Pack Sizes: 2-Litre
Registrant: Intervet Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 45044)