Amitik WP Cattle Dip and Spray
Active Ingredient: Amitraz @ 500g/kg
Similar or comparable to Dipa Tik Cattle Dip And Spray (Landmark)
Amitik WP Cattle Dip And Spray is used to control ticks, including organophosphate and synthetic pyrethroid resistant strains, on cattle in NSW and QLD and cattle ticks on sheep, goats, deer and certain circus animals in NSW only.
Amitraz is a non-systemic acaricide and insecticide. It has been found to have an insect-repellent effect and works as an insecticide and a pesticide synergist. Amitraz leads to overexcitation and, consequently, paralysis and death in insects, including Ticks. Because amitraz is less harmful to mammals, amitraz is known as an insecticide against tick infestations.
Amitik WP Cattle Dip And Spray is effective for the control of the following external parasites in Cattle (NSW, QLD and NT only).
- Cattle Tick – Boophilus microplus
- NZ Cattle Tick – Haemaphysalis longicornis
- Paralysis Tick – Ixodes holocyclus
Amitik WP Cattle Dip And Spray is effective for the control of the following external parasites in Sheep, Goats, Deer and certain Circus Animals (NSW only).
- Cattle tick – Boophilus microplus
When to Use Amitik Wp Cattle Dip and Spray;
- At Regular Intervals.
- Amitik should be used strategically at regular intervals throughout the tick season to break the life cycle of the cattle tick.
- In high tick pressure situations, this is achieved by treating at 19-21 day intervals (the tick cycle from attachment to full engorgement takes 21 days), but this interval may be extended where tick pressure is not high.
- For areas with high paralysis tick pressure, treatment at 7-10 day intervals may be required to prevent deaths, particularly in calves.
- Before Moving Cattle.
- Amitik should be used before moving cattle into tick-free areas, onto ‘clean’ paddocks or into saleyards. (contact the QLD DPI to obtain the latest advice on procedures for crossing the tick line)
- Treatment Of Visible Infestations.
- Amitik WP can treat visible tick infestations, particularly on cattle most susceptible to tick impacts (young stock and lactating cows).
Pack Sizes: 2.5kg (5 X 500gm sachets)
Registrant: Intervet Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 41044)