Permatrace Selenium Pellets For Cattle
Active Ingredient: Selenium @ 100g/kg
Coopers Permatrace Selenium Pellets For Cattle are used for prevention of selenium deficiency and treatment of selenium responsive disorders.
Coopers Permatrace Selenium Pellets For Cattle contain 3g of elemental selenium compressed into an iron oxide matrix.
Two Permatrace Selenium Pellets provide adequate selenium levels for 12 months.
The Role of Selenium in Cattle
- Selenium is required by the body for the production of a number of selenium dependant proteins, or seleno-proteins
- These seleno-proteins act primarily as antioxidants in the body, scavenging free radicals (products of normal metabolism in the body, which can cause cellular damage)
- The activity of selenium in the body is closely linked with the activity of Vitamin E
Why Selenium Is Important
Selenium is required for:
- Growth and production
- Foetal development
- Normal ovarian function
- Immune function
Selenium deficiency in cattle may be associated with:
- White muscle disease (nutritional muscular degeneration) in calves.
- “Ill thrift” in young cattle.
- Poor growth rate in young cattle.
- Infertility in heifers and cows.
Selenium Deficiency in Australia
- In Australia, selenium deficiency is widespread and often occurs in the most heavily stocked and cultivated areas
- Deficiency is known to occur in coastal and southeastern Queensland, the northern and southern tablelands of New South Wales, the eastern half of Tasmania, parts of Western Australia, South Australia and Victoria
- Deficiencies also occur in other areas in Australia and responses to supplementation have occurred in areas or soils not known to be selenium deficient
Pack Size: 100 Pellets (30gm pellets)
Registrant: Intervet Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 47640)
Permatrace Pellets – Beef Cattle
Permatrace Pellets – Dairy Cattle