Terramycin Pinkeye Aerosol
Terramycin Pinkeye Aerosol is a broad-spectrum antibiotic used to treat eye infections of all animals, including infectious keratitis (pinkeye) of cattle and other infectious agents associated with these diseases. Terramycin can also be used for bacterial wound contamination.
Active Ingredient: Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride @ 2mg/g
Similar or comparable to Terramycin Pinkeye Powder (Zoetis)
Why choose Terramycin Pinkeye Aerosol;
- Highly effective at treating common eye infections in cattle.
- It is packaged in a convenient aerosol formulation.
- Provides flexibility, with no meat or milk withholding period (WHP).
- It helps prevents the spread of infection.
- It can be used for bacterial wound contamination.
- Contains oxytetracycline hydrochloride 2 mg/g in a non-CFC propellant.
- A broad-spectrum antibiotic for treating eye infections of animals, particularly pinkeye conditions in cattle and sheep.
- Bacterial wound contamination.
Terramycin is effective against Moraxella bovis and Rickettsia conjunctivae and has activity against various secondary invaders, including Mycoplasma conjunctivae.
How is Terramycin Pinkeye Aerosol applied;
- Shake the can well.
- Hold a hand span away from the infected eye and apply directly.
- Repeat treatment 3 times daily until complete resolution of the condition.
- This pack provides approximately 40 applications, each of two seconds in duration.
Tips to prevent the spread of Infection:
- Treat all affected and in-contact stock.
- Individual animals should be isolated.
- Avoid dusty environments.
- Control flies.
Terramycin Pinkeye Aerosol is made from Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride which is the hydrochloride salt form of oxytetracycline, a tetracycline derivative produced by Streptomyces rimosus exhibiting antimicrobial activity. Oxytetracycline hydrochloride interferes with the binding of aminoacyl-tRNA to the mRNA-ribosome complex, thereby preventing peptide elongation and inhibiting protein synthesis. It is often used to treat skin conditions.
Packaging: 125g Aerosol Spray.
Registrant: Zoetis Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 37835)