Boomblitz Pesticide Decontaminant (Tank & Equipment Cleaner)
Active Ingredients: Available Chlorine @ 80g/kg, Sodium Hydroxide @ 70g/kg & Sodium Tripolyphosphate @ 200g/kg
Boomblitz Pesticide Decontaminant is a proprietary pesticide decontaminant that will successfully decontaminate virtually all pesticides including sulfonylurea and phenoxy based herbicides.
Why choose Boomblitz Pesticide Decontaminant;
- Multi-functional tank and equipment cleaner
- Long shelf life
- Concentrated formula
What sort of situations can Boomblitz Pesticide Decontaminant be used in;
- Spray Tanks
- All other spray equipment
- Nozzles and screens/filters
- Stain and scale removal from spray equipment.
Boomblitz Pesticide Decontaminant can be used for cleaning of spraying equipment, for decontamination when changing from one agricultural chemical group to another, and for end of season cleaning before storage.
The importance of cleaning and decontaminating spray equipment after herbicide applications cannot be overstated. Crops and pastures have been severely damaged and destroyed by spray equipment that was not thoroughly cleaned before use.
Grass control herbicides such as Verdict (Haloxyfop), Fusilade (Fluazifop-P), Select (Clethodim), Targa (Quizalofop-P-Ethyl) and Sertin (Sethoxydim) have an ability to strip residues of broadleaf herbicides (particularly sulfonylurea herbicides such as Glean (Chlorsulfuron) and Logran (Triasulfuron) from spray tanks and lines. These very small concentrations can be extremely damaging to winter cereal and summer crops like canola, sunflowers, cotton, pulses and legumes and other desirable broadleaf vegetation.
Take particular care to follow the directions for cleaning and decontaminating spray equipment. Note, rinse water should be discharged into a designated disposal area.
What is the procedure for cleaning non-persistent chemicals from spray tanks, hoses and all other spray equipment;
- Step 1. Clean spray equipment immediately after spraying is completed.
- Step 2. Hose down outside of the tank, otherwise, herbicide adhering to the outside could contaminate the unit again after it has been cleaned.
- Step 3. Drain the tank, then flush the tank, boom and hoses with clean water for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Step 4. Half fill the tank with clean water and begin agitation.
- Step 5. Remove filter basket in the top of the tank.
- Step 6. Measure out the required amount of Boomblitz Pesticide Decontaminant either by using the measuring cup provided which holds 50gm when full or by using a dry clean measuring jug. Note that 1gm of this product equates approximately to 1ml by volume. For more precise measurement use a set of electronic scales.
- Step 7. Replace lid on product firmly immediately after measurement to ensure that product is kept dry at all times.
- Step 8. Slowly add Boomblitz Pesticide Decontaminant through the top port of the tank.
- Step 9. Replace the filter basket in the top of the tank and fill the tank with water. Agitate and circulate the solution through all lines. Run the sprayer to fill the boom.
- Step 10. Agitate vigorously for 15 minutes and recirculate.
- Step 11. Use hand lance or return hose to clean the top of the tank and around the filter basket. Care should be taken to wash out any indentations or ledges in the tank where herbicide could be deposited.
- Step 12. Open spray booms and spray out.
- Step 13. Repeat steps 4 – 12 above.
- Step 14. When the sprayer is to be re-used immediately: The following procedure must be followed to ensure that any excess foam that may contain chlorine residue is completely removed from the tank. If this procedure is not carried out then the following chemical batch may be broken down to some degree as a result of the residual chlorine remaining in the foam at the base of the tank.
- Half fill the tank with water.
- Add 10ml/100L of a defoaming agent such as Foamstop.
- Fill the remainder of the tank with water. d. Agitate for 5 minutes and recirculate before spraying out.
If this procedure is done properly then there should be no further trace of the blue tracer dye (that is contained in Boomblitz Pesticide Decontaminant) in the wash water.
Pack Sizes: 600-gm & 10-kg
Registrant: Alphakem Global