Warden 100SC Insecticide
Active Ingredient: Fipronil @ 100g/L
Warden 100SC Insecticide is for the control of Argentine Stem Weevil, Funnel Ants and Mole Crickets in turf and for the protection of structures from subterranean termite damage and for the control of subterranean termites around domestic and commercial structures.
Warden 100SC Insecticide is a residual termiticide containing 100 g/L fipronil. When used in accordance with the directions on the label, Warden provides effective prevention and/or control of subterranean termites. Warden must be applied in a manner that provides a continuous treated zone to effectively prevent termites from infesting wood.
Warden 100SC Insecticide is a highly effective termiticide against a variety of subterranean termites including species of Coptotermes, Mastotermes and Schedorhinotermes giving up to 8 years of protection when used as directed.
Fipronil, the active ingredient in Warden, kills insect pests by disrupting the insect nervous system via the GABA channel, acting with contact and ingestion action. It blocks the GABA-gated chloride channels of neurons in the central nervous system preventing chloride uptake. Due to the excess chloride, neural overstimulation occurs preventing feeding with the eventual death of the target insect resulting.
Fipronil movement within plants (turf) is generally upward via xylem activity, with very limited movement within the phloem. As a result of this mobility, fipronil and its metabolites are found mainly in the older leaves and stems (organs that are located at the top of young seedlings) with very low levels found in the floral parts and growing points of older plants. The systemic activity appears to be more pronounced in monocot (grasses) than dicot plants.
What insect species is Warden 100SC Insecticide registered to control;
- Subterranean termites including (but not limited to) Coptotermes acinaciformis, Mastotermes darwiniensis, Schedorhinotermes spp.
- Argentine stem weevil (Listronotus bonariensis)
- Funnel ant (Aphaenogaster pythia)
- Mole Cricket (Scapteriscus didactylus and Gryllotalpa spp.)
Where can Warden 100SC Insecticide be applied;
- Pre and Post Construction: Chemical soil treated zones under and around new buildings and structures.
- Protection of poles and fence posts.
- Nests in poles and trees.
- Wall cavity treatment.
- Recreational Turf (including bowling greens, golf courses, parks and playing fields) and commercial turf farms.
Warden 100SC Insecticide Pack Sizes: 2.5-Litre & 5-Litre
Registrant: ADAMA Australia Pty Limited (APVMA #: 67463)