Surefire Termiticide and Insecticide
Active Ingredient: Fipronil @ 100g/L
Surefire Termiticide & Insecticide is for the protection of structures from subterranean termite damage and for the control of subterranean termites around domestic and commercial structures.
Surefire Termiticide & Insecticide is also used for the control of many ant species in domestic situations and around buildings.
Surefire Termiticide is a 100g/L Fipronil termite control product.
Surefire Termiticide Label application rates can be used for:
- Pre/ Post Construction barriers (Chemical soil treated zones around existing buildings and structures)
- Wall Cavity treatments.
- Protection of poles & fence posts.
- Nests in poles & trees.
Period of Protection:
Data currently available indicates that this product, when applied as a soil treatment in accordance with this label, will be effective at deterring concealed entry into a building or structure by subterranean termites for a minimum period of 8 years. Delayed mortality effects may be observed meaning termites may live and continue to be active several weeks after penetrating the treated zone. To re-establish the treated zone after the 8 year period of protection, re application at full rates is required. The actual protection period will also be affected by factors such as termite pressure, climatic and soil conditions and subsequent soil disturbance.
Chemical treatment for termite control around existing buildings should be considered to be part of an integrated approach to reduce the risk of termite attack and should be conducted by Licensed Pest Control Operators.
The steps below best describe the procedure for optimum termite management:
- The building owner should try to minimise water entering under and around the building and improve drainage to reduce moisture accumulating in these areas.
- Ventilation of sub-floor areas should also be optimised to reduce moisture accumulation.
- The area under the floor should be kept free from debris-timber such as off-cuts of wood or firewood.
- Treat with a residual chemical zone treatment such as Surefire Termiticide & Insecticide in compliance with AS3660.2.
- Regular inspections should be carried out (at least annually as recommended by AS3660 Series).
- If any additional subsequent building or landscaping work causes disruption to the chemical soil treated zone it must be restored to maintain protection.
Surefire Termiticide & Insecticide will control ants by direct contact and residual activity on treated surfaces. When applied as a surface spray as directed, Surefire Termiticide & Insecticide will provide up to 3 months control of ants and is best applied as ant activity increases in early spring. A follow up application during summer may be required
Throughout the manufacturing process, Surefire Termiticide is tested for particle size & consistency, in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Surefire Termiticides active ingredient, Fipronil, demonstrates superior efficiency in controlling termites.
- Surefire Termiticide is a premium, quality product intended strictly for professional use.
- Surefire Termiticide is Manufactured in Australia, with each bottle having a tamper evident cap.
Pack Sizes: 1L & 2.5L
Registrant: PCT Holdings Pty Ltd (APVMA #:68398)