Tips For Use
- Do not use this product at less than indicated label rates.
- Do not apply to soils if excessively wet or immediately after heavy rain to avoid run-off of the chemical.
- Do not apply to mud, sand, mangrove or aquatic habitat.
- Do not apply as an ultra low volume (ulv) or via thermal fogging treatment.
- Do not use in situations where predatory mites are established and providing effective mite control.
- Do not apply if rainfall is expected before spray deposits dry on leaf surfaces.
- Do not use in cavity walls (except via certified cavity infill reticulation systems or direct treatment of nest)
Restraints: Timber and Timber Based Products
- Do not se Treated Timber or Boards in Situations Other than Those Deemed Hazard Class 1 or 2.
Restraints: Orchards and Ornamentals
- Do not use in situations or orchards where predatory mites are established and providing effective mite control.
- Do not apply by aircraft.
- Do not apply if rainfall is expected before spray deposits have dried on leaves.
- Urban pest control – Surround Termiticide is a powerful knockdown and residual pesticide. Ants, cockroaches, fleas, flies, mosquitoes, spiders, ticks and wasps are controlled by direct contact with spray and also by residual action as they come in to contact with treated surfaces.
- Termites – The use of Surround Termiticide will help prevent and control subterranean termite infestations in and around building and structures when used in accordance with the Australian Standard AS 3660 Series, Termite Management. A dilute termiticidal solution must be adequately dispersed into the soil to establish a barrier between the building and subterranean termites in the soil. The purpose of a termite barrier is to prevent concealed termite entry into the building. The biology and behaviour of the termite species involved should be considered by the pest control operator in determining which control measures are most appropriate to control and prevent termite infestations. Best results are obtained when Surround Termiticide is applied before pest populations build up to damaging levels.
- Turf –This product can be used as a protective treatment when applied at regular intervals or as a knockdown treatment to control existing pests. Best results are obtained when the product is applied before pest populations build up to damaging levels.
Mixing & Application:
Surround Termiticide is a suspension concentrate requiring dilution with water prior to use. Add the required quantity of Apparent Surround Termiticide to water in the spray tank and mix thoroughly. Maintain agitation during both mixing and application. Ensure that spray lines are clean and free from contaminating pesticide, eg. herbicides.
- For Termites – to facilitate even application of the termiticide emulsion over the area to be treated, the addition of a marker dye at label rates is recommended. On hard to wet soils, the penetration of the termiticide emulsion may be improved by the addition of a soil surfactant at label rates.
- For Treatment of Timber and Timber-based Products – add the required quantity of Surround Termiticide to the diluent in the holding tank or glue mixer and mix thoroughly. Maintain agitation during both mixing and application.
- For general pest control: Application of Surround Termiticide should be made with equipment calibrated to deliver a fine dilute spray in a suitable volume of water to ensure thorough coverage. Use suitable application equipment and preferably cone nozzle combinations to deliver appropriate spray volume and a droplets size of 150 to 200 microns. Do not apply as a fog or mist.
- For vector control applications: Surround Termiticide can be applied by a variety of application techniques, such as power sprayers, hand-held pump sprayers or backpack sprayers, which are operated to produce large droplets to minimise spray drift. However, the product must not be applied by ULV or fogging equipment, which produce small droplets that may result in off-target drift.
- For turf applications: Applications should be made with equipment calibrated to deliver a fine dilute spray in a suitable volume to ensure thorough coverage. Use suitable application equipment and preferably cone nozzle combinations to deliver appropriate spray volume and a droplet size of 150 to 200 microns. Do not apply as a fog or mist. Maintain agitation during mixing and application.
- Surround Termiticide contains a surfactant.
- Additional surfactant may be only necessary on hard to wet plants and in high volume situations.
- Poisonous if swallowed. May irritate eyes and skin.
- Repeated exposure may cause allergic disorders.
- Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
- For termite control in buildings and structures: When opening the container, preparing spray and using prepared spray, wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist, a washable hat and elbow length PVC, or nitrile gloves. After each day’s use, wash gloves and contaminated clothing.
- For handheld application: When opening the container and preparing spray, wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist, washable hat and elbow length PVC or nitrile gloves. When using prepared spray wear protective waterproof clothing, elbow length PVC or nitrile gloves and water resistant footwear. After each day’s use, wash gloves and contaminated clothing. Wash hands after use.
- If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 13 11 26.
- Additional information is listed in the Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
How to do a General Pest Control Treatment
WITHHOLDING PERIOD DETAILS (WHP):
Nil when used as directed.