Y-Tex Agressor Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags (ML)
Active Ingredients: Abamectin @ 80g/kg & Piperonyl Butoxide @ 180g/kg
Y-Tex Agressor Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags provide up to 16 weeks of control of Buffalo Flies* on beef and dairy cattle (including lactating dairy cattle).
Y-Tex Agressor Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tag is a plastic tag containing a synergised formulation of Abamectin (avermectins B1a and B1b) and Piperonyl Butoxide (PBO). Abamectin is a highly active macrocyclic lactone that has never been used before in an ear tag in Australia.
The formulation contains a high loading of piperonyl butoxide, which synergizes the abamectin for maximum pesticidal action. This insecticide has excellent activity against strains of Buffalo Fly known to be resistant to other chemical compounds like organophosphates and synthetic pyrethroids. This allows for the first time, an annual three-way insecticidal rotation program to be adopted to reduce the impact of insecticide resistance.
Y-Tex Agressor Tags are resistant to other chemical compounds like organophosphates and synthetic pyrethroids.
Why choose Y-Tex Agressor Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags;
- Contains the active ingredients Abamectin & Piperonyl Butoxide
- It contains a unique chemical compound making it ideal for use as a third rotation option in the Insecticidal tag rotation program with organophosphates (OP) (OPtimizer, Co-Ral, Patriot and Warrior) and synthetic pyrethroids (SP) (PYthon, Cylence Ultra and PYthon Maxima) to minimise Buffalo Fly insecticide resistance.
- It is the only ear tag worldwide to contain a macrocyclic lactone (ML), which has excellent pesticidal activity against OP and SP-resistant strains of Buffalo Fly.
- Provides control of Buffalo Fly for up to 16 weeks, reducing the need for frequent re-treatments and mustering costs.
- Works rapidly, usually eliminating Buffalo Flies within one (1) day.
- It is the only synergised Abamectin tag worldwide, designed for extended release of active ingredients.
- The Y-Tex Agressor Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tag has no objectionable odour.
- Rainfast; Y-Tex Agressor was proven effective in field studies in North Queensland, where rainfall over 1,000mm was recorded over the four-month trial period.
- Provides sustained pest control potency that can result in increased weight gains.
- Nil withholding period in the meat of Beef Cattle.
- Has patented Snap-Lok collar for guaranteed retention against the tag or button failure for five (5) months.
- Uses the proven two-piece application system.
Y-Tex Agressor Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags Indications:
- For Buffalo Fly Control: Apply only when fly numbers exceed acceptable levels.
- Two tags should be applied per animal (1 in each ear).
- Removal of tags after 12 weeks will ensure that Buffalo fly populations are not exposed to sublethal doses, which may increase the chance of resistance.
- Remove tags with a tag removal knife.
- The level and duration of control may be reduced under high fly pressure.
- The whole herd is to be treated concurrently.
- Remove Y-Tex Agressor Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tag before slaughter.
Claims: For up to 16 weeks, control of Buffalo Flies* on beef and dairy cattle (including lactating dairy cattle).
Tag Weight: The Y-Tex Agressor tag has a net weight of 9 grams and is a metallic gold colour.
Pack Sizes: 20, 100 & 1300 tag packs, in sachets of 20 tags each. Each tag contains male buttons for attachment.
Y-Tex Agressor Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags Registrant: Landmark Operations Limited (APVMA #: 62199)
*Including organophosphate-resistant and synthetic pyrethroid-resistant strains.