Y-Tex Python Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags are unavailable for the 2023 – 2024 fly season.
Suggested synergized pyrethroid (SP) alternative – Cylence Ultra Insecticide Cattle Ear Tag
Active Ingredients: Piperonyl Butoxide @ 200g/kg & Zeta-Cypermethrin @ 100g/kg
- Two tags should be applied per animal (1 in each ear). – Buffalo Fly and Paralysis Tick Control
- One tag should be applied per animal (1 per head). – Cattle Biting Lice Control
Y-Tex Python Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags are a fast-acting, sustained-release insecticidal ear tag containing synergized S-isomer pyrethroid (SP) compound for Buffalo fly, Cattle Biting Lice and Paralysis Tick control.
Y-Tex Python Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags have excellent activity against Buffalo flies, including Buffalo flies resistant to certain other insecticides (Up to 4 months, control of susceptible Buffalo Flies). A high loading of piperonyl butoxide synergizes this S-isomer and dramatically reduces the effect of pyrethroid resistance, making PYthon ideal for rotation with diazinon tags.
Y-Tex Python Tags exclusive Tri-Polymer matrix of non-toxic, inert constituents continuously delivers a high ratio of synergist to the insecticide for maximum insect-killing action. PYthon’s net weight of 9.5 grams allows it to be used on cattle of all ages.
Why choose Y-Tex Python Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags;
- Contains the active ingredients Piperonyl Butoxide (PBO) & Zeta-Cypermethrin.
- It is a Pyrethroid Tag.
- Registered for use on beef and dairy cattle, including newborn calves and lactating dairy cattle.
- Works very rapidly, usually eliminating Buffalo flies within one (1) day & provides up to 4 months of control of susceptible Buffalo Flies.
- Brings proven weight gains.
- Reduces the need for frequent insecticide treatments and mustering costs.
- Works well as an integral component of an insecticidal rotation program with OPtimizer and other organophosphate ear tags to help prevent Buffalo fly insecticide resistance.
- The name with uppercase “PY” informs end-users of the chemical class of the PYthon ear tag, i.e., PYrethroid. For rotation, OPtimizer is similarly named, i.e., “OP” for OrganoPhosphate.
- Has Nil Withholding Period and Nil Export Slaughter interval.
- It has a Y-Tex patented Snap-Lok™ collar for guaranteed retention against tag or button failure for five (5) months.
- Uses the proven Y-tex two-piece application system.
- It is rainfast and dip fast.
- Can be safely used in conjunction with other pesticides and medicinal applications, e.g., cattle tick acaricides and anthelmintics.
- It is environmentally friendly.
What is the effectiveness of Y-Tex Python Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags;
- Up to 4 months, control of susceptible Buffalo Flies.
- Aids in the control of Cattle Biting Lice on beef and dairy cattle
- Aids in controlling Paralysis Tick on suckling beef and dairy calves for up to 42 days after treatment.
- State: Qld, N.S.W., N.T., W.A. Buffalo Fly
- All States – Cattle Biting Lice and Paralysis Tick
General Instructions for using Y-Tex Python Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags:
- For Buffalo Fly control:
- Apply only when fly numbers exceed acceptable levels.
- Removal of tags at four (4) months will ensure fly populations are not exposed to sublethal doses, which may increase the chance of resistance.
- Remove tags with a tag removal knife.
- The level and duration of control may be reduced under high fly pressure.
- The whole herd is to be treated concurrently.
- For Cattle Biting Lice control:
- Apply tags in late Autumn or early Winter and remove them after three ()3 months.
- For Paralysis Tick control:
- Aids in control of Paralysis ticks (Ixodes holocyclus) for up to 42 days.
- For effective control, both cow and calf should be treated.
Tag Weight: The Tag Weight is approx. 9.5grams.
Pack Sizes: 20, 100 & 500 tag packs, in sachets of 20 tags each. (Each pack contains tags and male buttons for attachment) – Tag weight 9.5grams
Y-Tex Python Insecticidal Cattle Ear Tags Registrant: Landmark Operations Limited (APVMA #: 48148)