Coopers Blowfly and Lice Jetting Fluid
Active Ingredient: Ivermectin @ 16g/L
Similar Or Comparable to Jet Away Blowfly & Lice Jetting Fluid (Apparent) and Akula Concentrate for Lice, Fly and Worms (Zagro).
Coopers Blowfly and Lice is used to treat and prevent blowfly strike and control lice in long wool. It is indicated for the treatment of, and protection against, blowfly strike on sheep for up to 12 weeks and treatment of biting lice by jetting in long woolled sheep.
Coopers Blowfly & Lice is a concentrate for use in sheep of all ages. The product is not to be used undiluted.
The 16.0 g/L Ivermectin concentrate is diluted 1:500 and applied by jetting for the treatment of, and protection against, sheep blowfly strike and by hand jetting for long-wool lice treatment.
Indications for Coopers Blowfly and Lice:
- Jetting For Blowfly Strike: When applied as directed by hand-jetting or by modified Harrington jetting race this product protects sheep against strike by blowflies (Lucilia cuprina, L. sericata, Chrysomya rufifacies and Calliphora nociva) (including OP resistant strains of Lucilia cuprina) for 12 weeks under low to moderate fly pressure and will control maggots in existing strikes in the treated areas.
- Hand Dressing Of Struck Sheep: This product can be applied at the blowfly dilution rate for the treatment of blowfly strike wounds. Sheep should be sheared/clipped around the strike wound before saturating the area.
- Hand Jetting For Lice: When applied as directed by hand-jetting this product also treats biting lice (Bovicola ovis), including synthetic pyrethroid-resistant strains in long woolled sheep until the next shearing.
Why choose Coopers Blowfly and Lice;
- Contains the active ingredient Ivermectin – Highly effective with a favourable safety profile. No known resistance within Australia in either blowfly or sheep biting louse.
- Rapid knockdown of maggots on struck sheep – Strikes are resolved quickly after treatment.
- Protects sheep against blowfly strike for up to 12 weeks – Peace of mind that sheep are protected with low to moderate fly situations.
- Controls lice in long wool sheep (when applied as directed by hand jetting) – Lice control that provides relief from lice irritation for sheep.
- Rainfast – Moderate rainfall does not affect efficacy.
How to effectively manage lice in sheep;
- Shear and treat all sheep at one time.
- Ensure sheep are cleanly shorn.
- Always read the label and treat animals in accordance with label directions.
- Treat sheep at the right time.
- Administer the product with the correct applicator.
- Apply the product correctly.
- Ensure the correct treatment of ewes and lambs.
- Do not mix treated sheep with untreated sheep.
- Ensure fencing is stock-proof.
- Prevent re-infestation of lice by quarantining introduced sheep until it is certain they are lice free. It is preferable to quarantine introduced sheep until they can be shorn and treated at shearing time.
Coopers Blowfly and Lice Pack Sizes: 5L
Registrant: Intervet Australia Pty Limited (APVMA #:61069)