Akula Lice, Fly and Worms
Active Ingredient: Ivermectin @ 16g/L
Similar or comparable to Coopers Blowfly and Lice Jetting Fluid (Intervet) & Jet Away Blowfly and Lice (Hunter River)
Akula Lice, Fly and Worms is a concentrated Ivermectin multi-purpose treatment for use in sheep of all ages. Akula can be used as an oral drench or jetting fluid for treatment of blowfly strike and biting lice in long wooled sheep.
As an oral drench, use Akula for the effective oral treatment and control of ivermectin sensitive strains of internal parasites including nematode (roundworm) (including benzimidazole, levamisole and morantel resistant strains), nasal bot and itch mite in sheep.
As Jutting Fluid, use Akula for the treatment of, and protection against, blowy strike on sheep for up to 12 weeks under low to moderate fly pressure and treatment of biting lice by jetting in long-woolled sheep. Period of protection Akula provides up to 12 weeks under low to moderate fly pressure
The 16.0 g/L ivermectin concentrate is diluted;
- 1:20 and administered orally to sheep by drenching for control of internal parasites and some ectoparasites; and
- 1:500 and applied by jetting for the treatment of, and protection against, sheep blowfly strike and by hand jetting for long-wool lice treatment.
Akula Lice, Fly and Worms is effective for the treatment and control of ivermectin sensitive strains of the following adult and immature parasites of sheep:
- Barber’s Pole Worm (Haemonchus contortus) including inhibited L4 stage,
- Large Stomach Worm (Haemonchus placei),
- Small Brown Stomach Worm [Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) circumcincta](including inhibited L4 stage),
- Stomach Hair Worm (Trichostrongylus axei),
- Black Scour Worm (Trichostrongylus spp),
- Small Intestinal Worm (Cooperia spp),
- Thin-necked Intestinal Worm (Nematodirus spp),
- Large Mouthed Bowel Worm (Chabertia ovina),
- Nodule Worm (Oesophagostomum columbianum),
- Large Bowel Worm (Oesophagostomum venulosum),
- Whipworm (Trichuris ovis),
- Intestinal Threadworm (Strongyloides papillosus),
- Nasal Bot (Oestrus ovis) (parasitic larval stages only),
- Large Lungworm (Dictyocaulus filaria)
- Itchmite (Psorergates ovis).
Effective against benzimidazole, levamisole and morantel resistant strains of H. contortus, T. circumcincta and T. colubriformis.
Jetting for Blowfly Strike:
Akula Lice, Fly and Worms is for the treatment of, and protection against, blowfly strike on sheep for up to 12 weeks under low to moderate fly pressure and treatment of biting lice by jetting in long woolled sheep.
Akula is a concentrate for use in sheep of all ages and is not to be used undiluted. The 16.0 g/L Ivermectin concentrate is diluted 1:500 and applied by jetting for the treatment of, and protection against, sheep blowfly strike and by hand jetting for long-wool lice treatment.
When applied as directed by hand-jetting or by modified Harrington jetting race this product protects sheep against strike by Blowflies (Lucilia cuprina, L. sericata, Chrysomya rufifacies and Calliphora nociva) (including OP resistant strains of Lucilia cuprina) for 12 weeks under low to moderate fly pressure and will control maggots in existing strikes in the treated areas.
Hand Dressing Of Struck Sheep:
Akula Lice, Fly and Worms can be applied at the blowfly dilution rate for the treatment of blowfly strike wounds. Sheep should be sheared/clipped around the strike wound before saturating the area.
Hand Jetting For Lice:
When applied as directed by hand-jetting Akula Lice, Fly and Worms also treats biting lice (Bovicola ovis), including synthetic pyrethroid-resistant strains in long woolled sheep until the next shearing.
Nb – Resistance may develop to any chemical
Pack Size: 1-Litre & 5-Litres
Registrant: Zagro Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 88356)