Terramycin Pinkeye Powder
Active Ingredient: Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride @ 20mg/g
Similar to Terramycin Pinkeye Aerosol (Zoetis)
Terramycin Pinkeye Powder is a broad-spectrum antibiotic in a Puffer Pack for eye infections in all animals, including infectious keratitis (pink eye) of cattle and other infectious agents associated with these diseases and bacterial wound contamination. Terramycin Powder contains oxytetracycline hydrochloride 20mg/g in a non-irritant carrier.
Terramycin is effective against Moraxella bovis and Rickettsia conjunctivae and has activity against various secondary invaders, including Mycoplasma conjunctivae. Terramycin is safe to use on all beef cattle, dairy cattle and sheep breeds.
Why choose Terramycin Pinkeye Powder;
- Contains the active ingredient Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride.
- Highly effective at treating common eye infections in cattle.
- In a convenient powder formulation.
- Flexible, with no meat or milk withholding period.
How is Terramycin Pinkeye Powder applied;
- The powder is puffed on the affected eyes two or three times daily.
Tips to prevent the spread of Infection:
- Treat all affected and in-contact stock.
- Individual animals should be isolated.
- Avoid dusty environments.
- Control flies.
Terramycin is made from Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride which is the hydrochloride salt form of oxytetracycline, a tetracycline derivative produced by Streptomyces rimosus exhibiting antimicrobial activity. Oxytetracycline hydrochloride interferes with the binding of aminoacyl-tRNA to the mRNA-ribosome complex, thereby preventing peptide elongation and inhibiting protein synthesis. It is often used to treat skin conditions.
Packaging: 50g Puffer Pack
Registant: Zoetis Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 37849)