Paramectin Injection for Cattle
Active Ingredient: Abamectin 10 mg/mL
Similar or Comparable to Virbamec Injection (Virbac), Genesis Injection (Ancare) & Vetmec (Chemvet)
Paramectin Injection For Cattle is a ready-to-use broad-spectrum antiparasitic injection for cattle containing Abamectin.
Paramectin Injection contains Abamectin, a member of the avermectin family of compounds that have a unique mode of action unrelated to that of other products used to control parasites of cattle in Australia.
Paramectin provides a broad spectrum of efficacy against various species of internal and external parasites.
Paramectin reduces the need for separate drenching, dipping and spraying operations common in the past.
Paramectin Injection, when used at the recommended dose level of 200 µg abamectin per kg liveweight, effectively controls the following parasites of cattle:
- Ostertagia ostertagi – adult and immature Small Brown Stomach Worm (including inhibited immatures)
- Ostertagia lyrata – Brown Stomach Worm
- Haemonchus placei – Barber’s Pole Worm
- Trichostrongylus axei – Stomach Hair Worm
- Trichostrongylus colubriformis – Intestinal Hair Worm
- Cooperia spp. – Small Intestinal Worm
- Bunostomum phlebotomum – Hookworm
- Oesophagostomum radiatum – Nodule Worm
- Chabertia ovina – adult stages of Large Mouth Bowel Worm
- Nematodirus spathiger – Thin-necked Intestinal Worm
- Strongyloides papillosus – Intestinal Threadworm.
Controls infection with Haemonchus placei, Ostertagia spp., Cooperia spp. and Oesophagostomum radiatum acquired up to 7 days after treatment.
- Lungworms – Dictyocaulus viviparus- adult and immature. Controls infection with Dictyocaulus viviparus acquired up to 14 days after treatment.
- Sucking Lice – Linognathus vituli. (Does not provide full control of the cattle biting louse Damalinia bovis.)
When used as directed for control of the internal parasites of cattle, Paramectin Injection concurrently aids in control of cattle tick (Boophilus microplus) (see Precautions).
- Cattle Tick – Boophilus microplus
The active ingredient Abamectin is a broad-spectrum antiparasitic active ingredient used in veterinary medicine in pets and livestock against external parasites (lice, mites, etc.) as well as against internal parasites (e.g. roundworms).
Pack Sizes: 500mL
Registrant: Jurox Pty Limited. (APVMA Approval #: 49917)