Ivomec Plus Broad Spectrum Antiparasitic Injection for Cattle
Active Ingredient: Clorsulon @ 100 mg/mL & Ivermectin @ 10 mg/mL
Ivomec Plus Injection For Cattle will treat and control internal parasites including gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms and eyeworms; adult liver fluke; and external parasites including sucking and biting lice, mites and cattle tick.
Why choose Ivomec Plus Injection For Cattle?
1. Control of internal parasites – Ivomec Plus Injection For Cattle controls internal parasites including adult liver fluke (Fasciola hepatica), gastrointestinal roundworms (including inhibited stages of Ostertagia), lungworm and eyeworm. It has sustained activity against Ostertagia spp and Cooperia spp (for up to 7 days) and Dictyocaulus viviparous (for up to 14 days) post treatment.
2. Control of external parasites – Ivomec Plus Injection For Cattle controls sucking lice and cattle tick and aids in the control of biting lice and mites.
3. Drench rotation option – The effective life of drenches can be extended by rotating drench families to slow the onset of drench resistance. Ivomec Plus Injection For Cattle offers an excellent alternative to triclabendazole drenches for adult liver fluke control.
4. Easy to use – Ivomec Plus Injection For Cattle has a free-flowing formulation that makes dosing cattle easy. It is available in 3 pack sizes including a 1L that is convenient for treating large numbers of animals.
5. Nil milk withhold – Ivomec Plus can be used on lactating dairy cattle, giving dairy farmers the flexibility to treat their animals at the optimal time.
Broad Spectrum Parasite Control
When used as directed, Ivomec Plus Injection For Cattle treats and controls the following parasites of cattle:
Adult and immature stages of:
- Small brown stomach worm (including third and fourth stage larvae and inhibited fourth stage larvae) – Ostertagia ostertagi
- Brown stomach worm – O. lyrata
- Barber’s pole worm (including third and fourth stage larvae) – Haemonchus placei
- Stomach hairworm – Trichostrongylus axei
- Intestinal hair worm – T. colubriformis
- Small intestinal worm (including third and fourth stage larvae) – Cooperia spp.
- Hookworm (including third and fourth stage larvae) – Bunostomum phlebotomum
- Nodule worm (including third and fourth stage larvae) – Oesophagostomum radiatum
Adult Stages of;
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus spathiger, N. helvetianus
- Intestinal threadworm – Strongyloides papillosusLarge roundworm – Toxocara vitulorum
- Whipworm – Trichuris spp
- Linognathus vituli , Haematopinus eurysternus, Solenopotes capillatus
- Does not provide full control of the cattle biting louse, Bovicola (Damalinia) bovis Mites: Sarcoptes scabiei var. Bovis. Aids in control of Chorioptes bovis
- Boophilus microplus including organophosphate, synthetic pyrethroid and amidine resistant strains.
Adult Liver Fluke:
- Fasciola hepatica
- Dictyocaulus viviparus (Adult and immature stages, including inhibited stages)
- Thelazia spp (adult stages)
Screw Worm Fly:
- Chrysomya bezziana (parasitic larval stages) (Not reported in Australia, but present in Papua New Guinea)
- Maximum efficacy is reached 4-5 days after treatment. Engorged female ticks that drop from cattle in the initial days after treatment may lay viable eggs. This should be taken into account when planning a strategic tick control program.
- Ivomec Plus should be alternated with conventional dips or pour-ons when the program requires repeat treatments. Do not re-treat with Ivomec Plus in less than the meat withholding period of 28 days.
At the recommended dose rate, Ivomec Plus Injection For Cattle effectively controls infections with:
- Ostertagia spp. and Cooperia spp. acquired up to at least 7 days after treatment
- Dictyocaulus viviparus and Chrysomya bezziana acquired up to at least 14 days after treatment.
Pack Sizes: 500mL & 1L
Registrant: Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Australia Pty. Ltd. (APVMA #: 45359)