Eureka Gold OP Spray-On Off-Shears Sheep Lice Treatment
Active Ingredient: Diazinon @ 93.3g/L
Similar or comparable to Coopers Gold Spray-On (Intervet)
Eureka Gold is an off-shears spray-on backline lice treatment is indicated for the control of organophosphate (OP) susceptible and synthetic pyrethroid (SP) resistant strains of the sheep body louse (Bovicola ovis). It is made from Diazinon @ 93.3 g/L. Diazinon is a nonsystemic organophosphate (OP) insecticide that functions as an acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitor with no known resistance identified in Australian sheep lice.
Eureka has a scourable yellow dye is incorporated into the product to identify treated sheep.
Why Choose Eureka Gold;
- Contains the active ingredient Diazinon.
- Controls organophosphate (OP) susceptible and synthetic pyrethroid (SP) resistant strains of the sheep body louse (Bovicola ovis).
- Has a scourable yellow dye is incorporated into the product to identify treated sheep.
- Rainfast – moderate rainfall (up to 37mm) within 24hours of treatment.
- Concentrate formulation diluted with water prior to use.
- The only Diazinon product available in a spray-on formulation – proven effectiveness against the sheep biting louse (Bovicola ovis sheep lice).
- An APVMA approved lice treatment spray-on for sheep.
- Convenient off-shears application – treat on the day of shearing, no need to re-muster stock, minimal labour requirements.
- Rapid knockdown of lice – kills lice, relieving sheep of their irritation soon after treatment.
- Convenient Off-Shears Application. Enable sheep can be treated on the day of shearing.
- No need to re-muster stock for sheep lice treatment.
- Effective against sheep lice resistant to Synthetic Pyrethroids.
- Low capital outlay.
- Contains Diazinon with No known resistance to sheep.
- The only registered Diazinon based back-liner sheep lice treatment in Australia.
- Proven effectiveness against the sheep biting louse (Bovicola ovis sheep lice).
- Rapid Knockdown Eureka Gold kills sheep lice, relieving sheep from the irritation of sheep lice soon after treatment.
What is Eureka Gold used to control;
- Sheep Body Louse
- Sheep Body Louse – Susceptible to OP (Organophosphates)
- Sheep Body Louse – Resistant to SP (Synthetic Pyrethroids)
Is Eureka Gold rainfast;
Field trials with Eureka demonstrate moderate rainfall (up to 37 mm within 24 hours of treatment) on the day of treatment did not reduce the efficacy of Eureka. The manufacturer Zagro is confident that the efficacy of Eureka Gold will not be compromised by moderate rainfall after treatment. Eureka Gold should not be applied to wet sheep.
Up to 6 weeks are required for Eureka Gold to kill lice on treated sheep. It should only be applied to cleanly shorn sheep and is suitable for use on lambing ewes or ewes with lambs at foot unless the lambs are also shorn and treated. It should not be used to treat ewes less than 6 weeks before lambing commences, as live lice can persist and infect the lambs. Following treatment, do not mix treated sheep with untreated sheep. Severely stressed sheep or those in poor health should not be treated.
To ensure successful lice control following the use of Eureka Gold, it is important to observe the following:
- Must only be used within 24 hrs after shearing.
- Not to be used to treat ewes less than 6 weeks before lambing commences, as live lice can persist and infect the lambs.
- Treated sheep must not be mixed with untreated sheep.
- Not to be used on sheep which have not been cleanly shorn.
- Not to be used on animals that are severely stressed or are in poor health.
Eureka Gold Pack Size: 20-Litre
Registrant: Zagro Animal Health P/L (APVMA #: 51290)
Eureka Gold TV Advertisment: