Trelona Termite Bait
Active Ingredient: Novaluron @ 5g/kg.
Trelona Termite Bait is powered by a novel active ingredient Novaluron. Trelona requires much less bait for complete colony elimination to be achieved when compared to other termite baits. Trelona Termite Baits can be used as either a traditional monitoring system or as an ‘Active on Application’ system. Trelona ATBS (Active Termite Bait Station) may also be used in combination with BASF’s industry-leading termiticides, Termidor Residual Termiticide and Insecticide and Termidor HE Residual Termiticide so a management system can be tailored for any situation.
When used as an ‘Active on Application’ system, Trelona ATBS allows inspection frequencies to be extended whilst providing year-round protection from the time of installation. The unique ATBS station holds up to 248 grams of bait (2 x Cartridges) and has been designed to encourage termite interception and quick feeding. This provides peace of mind that your most valuable asset is being protected.
Which termite species does Trelona Termite Bait control;
- Subterranean termites including, (but not limited to):
- Coptotermes acinaciformis
- Mastotermes darwiniensis
- Schedorhinotermes spp.
Termite baiting is designed to protect structures by eliminating foraging termites around your home. The Trelona Termite Bait ATBS (Advance Termite Baiting System) has been developed to allow pest management professionals the opportunity to tailor the most appropriate termite management solution, for any Australian home.
Trelona ATBS combines the latest research in termite behaviour with the most advanced termite bait system to provide:
- A sturdy and discrete bait station, designed to encourage station interception and feeding,
- A system that can be applied as both a monitoring or an active system, providing year-round protection.
- An advanced bait matrix, containing revolutionary termite bait technology that makes it irresistible to termites.
- The only system, specifically designed to be used in with the Termidor range of products.
The active ingredient, Novaluron, is an insect development inhibitor. When consumed by a termite, novaluron impairs the ability of a termite to properly synthesize chitin and inhibits the termite’s ability to moult. Moulting is the process by which termites, at certain points in their development, shed their existing exoskeleton and form a replacement exoskeleton.
Termites that attempt to moult after ingesting an amount of bait sufficient to impair their moulting process either die or are incapacitated by their inability to complete the moulting process. Insect development inhibitors such as novaluron are characterised as slow-acting toxicants; however, their action is slow only when they affect a termite at the point in its life cycle when it moults. Because all the termites in a colony do not moult at the same time, the effect of novaluron on the colony as a whole is progressive. This progressive effect is one of the key attributes of novaluron enabling termite colony effects.
Sufficient consumption of bait by a termite colony can cause a decline in the number of colony members. Such a decline, if sustained by continued consumption of bait by the colony, can significantly impair the colonies vitality. Further, continued consumption of bait by remaining colony members may ultimately result in the total elimination of the colony. The extent of the decline of the colony, the speed of its decline and the possibility of its elimination depends upon the extent to which bait is made continuously available to a colony for consumption and the extent to which members of the colony consume it.
Trelona Termite Bait Packs:
- 744gm Pack – 6 x 124gm Termite Bait Cartridges only (illegal to sell separately)
- 3.968kg ATBS Kit – 16 pre-loaded Termite Bait Stations with 2 x 124gm bait cartridges per station (illegal to sell separately)
- Trelona ATBS (Advanced Termite Baiting System) – Spider Key Opener for Bait Stations (sold separately & not part of the Trelona ATBS kit)
Registrant: BASF Australia Ltd. (APVMA #: 86731)