Knife Plus Turf Biostimulant (12-0-0+6 Fe) – High Nitrogen & Iron (Xtreme Colour & Rapid Greening)
Floratine Knife Plus Turf Biostimulant is a readily available Iron and Nitrogen compound designed for enhanced colour and growth, extended greening and improved rooting for manicured turf.
Knife Plus Turf Biostimulant contains a balance of extracts and natural fermentation materials to encourage healthy plant development under any environmental, chemical or mechanical stresses.
Regular applications of Knife Plus Turf Biostimulant will ensure even availability of iron throughout the growing season.
Total Nitrogen (N) 12.00% ( 12.00% Urea Nitrogen)
Sulfur (S) 4.20%
Copper (Cu) 0.12%
Iron (Fe) 6.00%
Manganese (Mn) 1.50%
Molybdenum (Mo) 0.03%
Zinc (Zn) 1.00%
Derived from Urea, Cupric Nitrate, Ferrous Sulfate Heptahydrate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Molybdate, and Zinc Citrate.
Why is Nitrogen (N) important in Turf?
Nitrogen is an essential element for all living things and the mineral element needed in the largest amounts by turfgrasses. Although nitrogen is abundant in the atmosphere (about 80% of the air surrounding us is nitrogen gas), it is in limited supply in soils and available to plants only after it has been converted to nitrate (NO3-) or ammonium (NH4+) by microorganisms or industrial processes. In most cases, nitrogen fertilizer must be applied regularly to maintain high-quality turf.
Nitrogen is largely responsible for the growth of leaves on the plant and is the most talked-about nutrient when it comes to lawns and is usually the highest percentage of your NPK ratio. Lawns love Nitrogen, but it is important to strike a balance between strong leaf growth and strong roots capable of supporting it as well.
Why is Iron (Fe) important in Turf?
Iron is necessary for chlorophyll formation, good colour, and resistance to disease. Since iron is very widely used for cosmetic greening, it is unusual to find any deficient turf, but symptoms can include yellowing, spindly leaves. Most golf courses and bowling greens have a high level of iron in the soil because of historic usage. This can lead to a lock-up of potassium and phosphorus and has the tendency to promote a black layer when high levels of sulphur are present.
Biostimulants such as Knife Plus are products that reduce the need for fertilizers and increase plant growth, resistance to water and abiotic stresses. In small concentrations, these substances are efficient, favouring the good performance of the plant’s vital processes, and allowing high yields and good quality products. In addition, biostimulants applied to plants enhance nutrition efficiency, abiotic stress tolerance and/or plant quality traits, regardless of its nutrient contents.
Pack Sizes: 1-Litre & 10-Litre
Manufacturer: Floratine Products Group, Inc. (USA)
Knife Plus is part of the HG Xtreme Lawn Addicts range.
- Carbon Tiger (4-4-16) – Potassium for Turf Growth & Hardiness
- Eon Bio – Biological Soil Conditioner & Aerification
- Fight’s On (0-5-18 + 3.6Si) – Liquid Potassium for turfgrass to optimise energy production.
- High Five Turf Biostimulant – Maximise Growth & Development.
- Knife Plus (12-0-0+6 Fe) Turf Biostimulant – High Nitrogen & Iron – Enhanced colour, growth & rapid greening.
- Propel – Soil Conditioner, Catalyst and Penetrant
- ProteSyn (6-2-3) Turf Biostimulant – Stronger, healthier turf and growth in low light/shade.
- ProTurf Granular Fertiliser (20-0-7+6Ca+3%Mg) – High N, Slow Release
- Renaissance Turf Biostimulant – Micronutrients to enhance colour and promote strong, healthy turf.
- Retain Pro Wetter – Soil Moisture Retention
- Spike – Extended Turfgrass Colour & Stress Tolerance
- 5.0 Cal – Foliar Liquid Calcium