Cydectin Plus Fluke Pour-On for Cattle
Cydectin Plus Fluke Pour-On for Cattle is for treating and controlling moxidectin-sensitive strains of gastrointestinal nematodes and triclabendazole-sensitive strains of liver fluke (Fasciola hepatica) of cattle.
A single treatment at the recommended dose rate prevents re-infection with moxidectin-susceptible Barber’s Pole Worm (Haemonchus contortus) and Small Brown Stomach Worm (Ostertagia ostertagi) for 14 days.
Cydectin Plus Fluke Pour-On for Cattle is effective in the treatment and control of the following parasites affecting cattle:
- Triclabendazole susceptible Liver fluke (late immature (6 to 8 weeks) and adult):
- Fasciola hepatica
- Moxidectin susceptible Gastrointestinal (adult and larval L4):
- Small Brown Stomach Worm (Ostertagia ostertagi), Stomach Hair Worm (Trichostrongylus axei) and Small Intestinal Worm (Cooperia spp.).
- Moxidectin susceptible Gastrointestinal (adult): Barbers Pole Worm (Haemonchus placei), Nodule worm (Oesophgostomum spp.), Thin-necked Intestinal Worm (Nematodirus spp.) and Hookworm (Bunostomum spp.).
Why choose Cydectin Plus Fluke Pour-On for Cattle?
- It contains moxidectin and triclabendazole.
- A macrocyclic lactone (ML) and triclabendazole (BZ) pour-on drench for cattle.
- Broad spectrum control of internal and external parasites as well as liver fluke.
- Kills roundworms for longer.
- Controls ostertagia, lungworm and nodule worm for 14 days.
- Controls liver fluke (late immature and adult) for 6-8 weeks.
- No known impact on dung beetles.
Why Use Cydectin Plus Fluke Pour-On?
The product is an easy-to-use drench, providing persistent worm control, and a flukicide is a single, convenient combination. Liver Fluke (Fasciola hepatica) can significantly reduce live weight gain, fertility, and milk production and increase the risk of other diseases. Liver Fluke can lead to significant losses in production if not controlled. Triclabendazole controls immature and adult liver fluke. It provides a convenient, easy way to control liver fluke.
- Persistency = Security
The product is the only liver fluke and roundworm Pour-On product to offer persistent protection against economically important roundworms. Persistent control of Ostertagia and Haemonchus prevents rapid re-infection of treated animals and helps break the parasite cycle for longer.
- A Pour-On that Works.
Several trials in Australia confirm the product’s efficacy against adult and immature liver fluke in cattle. Treated animals had significantly lower fluke counts on all treatment days compared to untreated controls.
- Registered to Control in Cattle:
- Barber’s Pole Worm – Haemonchus Placei
- Hookworm – Bunostomum Spp.
- Liver Fluke – Fasciola Hepatica (late Immature & Adult)
- Moxidectin Sensitive Gastrointestinal
- Nodule Worm – Oesophagostomum Spp.
- Small Brown Stomach Worm-ostertagia Spp
- Small Intestinal Worm
- Stomach Hair Worm
- Thin Necked Intestinal Worm
Pack Sizes: 500mL, 2L, 5L & 15l
Cydectin Plus Fluke Pour-On Registrant: Virbac (Australia) Pty Ltd. (APVMA #: 66660)