Baymec Gold Cattle Injection – Broad Spectrum Endectocide For Dairy And Beef Cattle
Active Ingredients: Ivermectin 10g/L & Clorsulon 100g/L
Baymec Gold Cattle Injection is a ready to use broad-spectrum endectocide injection for cattle containing Ivermectin and Clorsulon for the treatment and control of ivermectin and clorsulon sensitive strains of internal and external parasites of cattle, including adult liver flukes.
- Ivermectin is a member of the macrocyclic lactone (ML) family, which binds and interferes with invertebrate nerve and muscle cells causing parasite paralysis and death. Ivermectin has a broad-spectrum activity against both adult and larval stages of parasite nematodes.
- Clorsulon is a sulphonamide, which kills adult liver fluke by inhibiting their glycolytic pathway enzymes when ingested.
Liver fluke is an important parasite of cattle and is prevalent in high rainfall or irrigation areas of NSW, Victoria and Tasmania and small areas in Queensland and South Australia. Adult liver fluke causes damage to bile ducts and liver, resulting in blood loss, ill thrift and in some cases ‘Black Disease’. Strategic treatments such as with Baymec Gold can help reduce liver fluke populations and the production costs associated with their infection.
Baymec Gold is ideal for beef and dairy producers who prefer an injectable formulation for broad-spectrum parasite control.
Why Choose Baymec Gold?
- Contains the active ingredients Ivermectin & Clorsulon.
- For use in both beef and dairy cattle.
- Highly effective control of both internal and external parasites, including adult liver fluke.
- Injectable formulation.
- Kills Liver Fluke, worms & external sucking parasites.
- Rotation option to delay resistance.
- Low volume dose rate for convenient injection.
- No milk withhold.
- Easy to apply with a 10-15mL Injector.
Baymec gold will treat and control internal parasites including;
- Gastrointestinal roundworms
- Adult liver fluke
- External parasites including sucking and biting lice, mites and cattle tick.
At the recommended dose rate, baymec gold will effectively control reinfestation with:
- Ostertagia spp. (Small Brown Stomach Worm) and Cooperia spp. (Small Intestinal Worm) acquired up to 7 days after treatment; and Dictyocaulus viviparus (Lungworm) acquired up to 14 days after treatment
Baymec gold treats and controls the following sensitive parasites:
Adult and immature (including L3 and L4 larvae):
- Small Brown Stomach Worm (Ostertagia ostertagi)
- Barber’s Pole Worm (Haemonchus placei)
- Small Intestinal Worm (Cooperia oncophora, Cooperia punctata)
- Hookworm (Bunostomum phlebotomum)
- Nodule Worm (Oesophagostomum radiatum)
Adult and immature:
- Brown Stomach Worm (Ostertagia lyrata)
- Stomach Hair Worm (Trichostrongylus axei)
- Intestinal Hair Worm (Trichostrongylus colubriformis)
Adult stages of:
- Thin Necked Intestinal Worm (Nematodirus helvetianus, Nematodirus spathiger)
- Intestinal Threadworm (Strongyloides papillosus)
- Large Roundworm (Toxocara vitulorum)
- Whipworm (Trichuris spp.)
Liver fluke: Adult Fasciola hepatica
Lungworms: Adult and immature (Dictyocaulus viviparus) including inhibited stages
Eyeworms: Adult Thelazia spp
Sucking and Biting Lice:
- Long Nose Sucking Lice (Linognathus vituli)
- Little Sucking Lice (Solenopotes capillatus)
- Short Nosed Sucking Lice (Haematopinus eurysternus)
- (Baymec Gold does not provide full control of the cattle biting louse Bovicola (Damalinia) bovis.)
Mites: Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis. Aids in the control of Chorioptes bovis.
Cattle Tick: (Boophilus microplus) including organophosphate, synthetic pyrethroid and amidine resistant strains
Baymec Gold Cattle Injection Pack Size: 500mL (flexipack)
Registrant: Elanco Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 64596)