Tri-Solfen Topical Anaesthetic & Antiseptic Solution For Pain Relief In Lambs And Calves
- Lignocaine (as hydrochloride) @ 40.6 g/L
- Bupivacaine (as hydrochloride) @ 4.2g/L
- Adrenaline (as acid tartrate) @ 24.8mg/L
- Cetrimide @ 5g/L
Tri-Solfen is a local anaesthetic and antiseptic gel spray for pain relief:
- On lambs following mulesing and tail docking,
- On lambs and calves during and following castration, and
- On calves after disbudding or dehorning.
Why use Tri-Solfen?
Tri-Solfen is a unique 4-in1 wound care product.
- Pain relief
- Reduced bleeding
- Infection control
- Wound care
Tri-Solfen is the only product registered in Australia for sheep and cattle that has all these modes of action, leaving it unrivalled for these types of surgical wounds.
How does Tri-Solfen work?
Tri-Solfen is a viscous liquid that is easily applied to surgical wounds. When applied correctly with the dedicated Tri-Solfen applicator it forms a foaming gel over the wound that helps to protect the wound from secondary infection and aids in the wound healing process.
Tri-Solfen is a 4-in-1 wound care product
- Both fast and longer acting pain relief
- Lignocaine is a fast-acting anaesthetic providing animals with fast-acting pain relief.
- Bupivacaine is a longer-acting anaesthetic that provides prolonged pain relief
- Reduction in post-operative bleeding
- Adrenaline constricts blood vessels reducing the loss of blood
- Reduces wound healing time
- Cetrimide is an antiseptic agent that helps reduce the risk of infection of wounds
- Reducing inflammation and long-term pain
- Reducing bleeding and infection helps to minimise the inflammation process, reducing and slowing down the pain cascade process
Tri-Solfen pain relief is a local anaesthetic and antiseptic gel spray that adheres to wounds and acts to numb the wound with a long-lasting analgesic effect. It also contains active ingredients designed to minimise bleeding, protect against infection, coat the wound and promote healing.
TriSolfen’s unique gel formulation can be easily applied on-farm as a one-off treatment to surgical wounds. Tri-Solfen pain relief contains two proven topical local anaesthetics; fast-acting lignocaine for immediate pain relief and long-acting bupivacaine for prolonged post-operative pain relief. Adrenaline is included for its ability to reduce blood loss, whilst prolonging the anaesthetic action.
Tri-Solfen Pain Relief also contains Cetrimide, an antiseptic widely used to cleanse skin and wounds, to provide protection from bacterial contamination. Tri-Solfen’s gel base adheres well to the wound and acts as a barrier to environmental stimuli to improve wound healing.
In Sheep Trisolfen is sprayed onto the wound to simultaneously anesthetize, alleviate pain, control bleeding and protect against infection. Its viscous gel base is also designed to form a long-lasting protective barrier over the wound.
Tri-Solfen Pain Relief is proven to be highly successful in the treatment of accidental wounds, castration, tail docking, branding and disbudding in several species. Extensive trials have indicated that the onset of wound anaesthesia is very rapid and readily apparent within one minute of application and there is evidence of a significant ongoing analgesic effect even after 24 hours.
Pack Sizes: 1L, 5L & 20L
Tri-Solfen Registrant: Animal Ethics Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 60099)