Dectomax Injectable Endectocide
Active Ingredient: Doramectin @ 10.0g/L
Similar or Comparable to Doramate Injectable Endectocide (Troy)
Dectomax Injectable Drench is indicated for treating and controlling gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, sucking lice, biting lice, cattle tick and mange mites.
One dose of Dectomax injectable solution effectively treats and controls a wide range of roundworm and arthropod parasites that impair the health and productivity of cattle and swine. Studies have demonstrated the safety margin of Dectomax injection in cattle and swine.
Dectomax Injectable is approved for:
- The treatment and control of internal and external parasites of cattle.
- Treating Beef cattle, including pregnant cows, newborn calves and bulls.
- The control of the following harmful species of gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, sucking lice, biting lice, cattle tick and mange mites.
- Gastrointestinal Roundworms (adults and fourth-stage larvae)
- Ostertagia ostertagi (including inhibited larvae) – Small brown stomach worm
- Haemonchus placei – Barbers pole worm
- Trichostrongylus axei – Stomach hair worm
- T. colubriformis – Black scour worm
- T. longispicularis(1)
- Cooperia oncophora – Small intestinal worm
- Cooperia spp
- Bunostomum phlebotomum1 – Hook worm
- Oesophagostomum radiatum – Nodule worm
- Toxocara vitulorum(1) – Round worm
- (1)adults only
- Lungworms (adults and immature)
- Dictyocaulus viviparus
- Sucking Lice
- Haematopinus eurysternus
- Linognathus vituli
- Solenopotes capillatus
- Biting Lice
- Effective as an aid in the control of biting louse (Bovicola bovis)
- Mange Mites
- Psoroptes bovis
- Sarcoptes scabiei var bovis(2)
- (2)Not present in Australia
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in diagnosing, treating, and controlling parasitism.
What is the persistent activity of Dectomax Injectable Endectocide;
|Species||Period of protection following treatment|
|Cooperia spp||Up to 21 days|
|Cooperia oncophora||Up to 14 days|
|Ostertagia ostertagi||Up to 21 days|
|Haemonchus placei||Up to 21 days|
|Dictyocaulus viviparus||Up to 28 days|
|Oesophagostomum radiatum||Up to 21 days|
|Trichostrongylus axei||Up to 21 days|
|Bunostomum phlebotomum||Up to 21 days|
Why choose Dectomax Injectable Endocide;
- Control Of The Worms That Matter – Consistent, persistent activity against Cooperia, Ostertagia and Haemonchus, the three most prevalent internal parasites of grazing cattle in Australia.
- Better Weight Gain – In a study investigating the effect of Dectomax injection on the growth rates of grazing cattle, Dectomax – treated cattle outperformed untreated cattle by 24 kilograms over 140 days.
- Consistent Reliable Results – As an injectable formulation, Dectomax Injectable delivers effective, reliable parasite control. Unlike a Pour-On formulation, there are no barriers to absorption such as skin, dust, and environmental factors. The injectable formulation also reaches higher blood drug concentrations.
- Broader Coverage – Dectomax protects against re-infection from more of the important profitability-robbing parasites, both internal and external than any other cattle drench. Maximum weight gains from superior parasite control
- Longer Protection – Dectomax contains the unique molecule doramectin, with a chemical ring at the C-25 position of its core active structure. This makes Dectomax active for longer, so it protects for longer.
- Fewer Treatments – Because it protects for longer, Dectomax keeps pastures cleaner for longer. This means you can extend the time between treatments. And fewer treatments save time and money.
- Tissue Friendly Formulation – Dectomax Injectable is an oil-based formulation that makes it tissue friendly and easy to inject
- Wide Safety Margin – Dectomax Injectable has a wide safety margin in all stock ages, including young calves, pregnant stock and bulls.
Pack Sizes: 500mL multi-dose, rubber-capped amber glass bottles in a clear polycarbonate shield. The polycarbonate shield holds the bottle during use, and has a pre-drilled eye-hook for easy hanging.
- Dectomax Injection 500mL
- Dectomax Injection 2.5L Value Pack (5 x 500mL) + Free Dectomax 10mL metal applicator
Dectomax Injectable Endocide Registrant: Zoetis Australia Pty Ltd (APVMA#: 46128/1200)