Spike Foliar Fertiliser – Turfgrass Colour & Stress Tolerance
Nutrients: Iron (Fe) 5.00%, Sulfur (S) 3.00% & Manganese (Mn) 1.00%
Spike Foliar Fertiliser is a premium quality nutrient compound designed for use on all intensively managed turfgrass to maximise leaf colour and improve stress tolerance.
Spike is an immediately available micronutrient product for turfgrass particularly fairways and roughs. The iron and manganese in Spike Foliar Fertiliser assists in the photosynthetic process which improves the colour and stress tolerance of the turf.
Spike is for anyone who loves green grass for the look and, more importantly, for turf experts who know green means the power of chlorophyll. Spike Foliar Fertiliser is packed with micronutrients and Fe+2 technology, designed to stabilize iron in its only plant-usable form.
Spike Foliar Fertiliser is the perfect choice for extended greening on larger areas at an affordable price point.
Why is Iron (Fe) important in Turf?
Iron is necessary for chlorophyll formation, good colour, and resistance to disease. Since iron is very widely used for cosmetic greening, it is unusual to find any deficient turf, but symptoms can include yellowing, spindly leaves. Most golf courses and bowling greens have a high level of iron in the soil because of historic usage. This can lead to a lock-up of potassium and phosphorus and has the tendency to promote a black layer when high levels of sulphur are present.
Why is Sulphur (S) important in Turf?
In the absence of sulphur, turfgrass exhibits chlorosis that frequently occurs as intense yellow colour. In mild cases, this may be confused with nitrogen deficiency or even iron deficiency. Sulphur enhances colour, density and growth. Sulphur helps nitrogen (N) to be used efficiently due to the direct relationship with nitrogen. Turfgrass fertilised with higher quantities of nitrogen show increased response to sulphur. It has been reported that when 5.4 kilograms of nitrogen are used, there is a requirement for 3.6 kilograms of potassium oxide and 1.6 kilograms of sulphur. The net effects of adequate sulphur in combination with N, P and K are several:
- Better decomposition of residues (thatch).
- Stimulation of soil microorganisms.
- Improved colour, density and composition of turfgrass.
- Greater drought tolerance.
- Improved winter hardiness.
Why Choose Spike Foliar Fertiliser;
- Improves the greening of turf colour without nitrogen.
- Improves stress tolerance.
- Corrects micronutrient deficiencies.
Nutrient Analysis of Spike Foliar Fertiliser:
- Iron (Fe) 5.00%
- Sulphur (S) 3.00%
- Manganese (Mn) 1.00%
Derived from ferrous sulphate and manganese sulphate.
Pack Sizes: 1L, 3.78L & 10L
Manufacturer: Floratine (USA)
Spike is part of the HG Xtreme Lawn Addicts range.
- Carbon Tiger (4-4-16) – Potassium for Turf Growth & Hardiness
- Eon Bio – Biological Soil Conditioner & Aerification
- Fight’s On (0-5-18 + 3.6Si) – Liquid Potassium for turfgrass to optimise energy production.
- High Five Turf Biostimulant – Maximise Growth & Development.
- Knife Plus (12-0-0+6 Fe) Turf Biostimulant – High Nitrogen & Iron – Enhanced colour, growth & rapid greening.
- Propel – Soil Conditioner, Catalyst and Penetrant
- ProteSyn (6-2-3) Turf Biostimulant – Stronger, healthier turf and growth in low light/shade.
- ProTurf Granular Fertiliser (20-0-7+6Ca+3%Mg) – High N, Slow Release
- Renaissance Turf Biostimulant – Micronutrients to enhance colour and promote strong, healthy turf.
- Retain Pro Wetter – Soil Moisture Retention
- Spike – Extended Turfgrass Colour & Stress Tolerance
- 5.0 Cal – Foliar Liquid Calcium