Active Ingredient: Diclofop-Methyl @ 375g/L
Similar or comparable to Di-Grass Selective Herbicide (Sipcam)
Crowbar Herbicide is for the control of Crowsfoot grass in turf and for Post-emergent Control of Annual Ryegrass, Common Barb grass and Wild Oats in Wheat, Linseed, Peas and other crops.
Crowbar is a selective systemic herbicide, which is absorbed primarily by the leaves, with some absorption by the roots in moist soil. Once inside the plant, Diclofop methyl undergoes rapid transformation to the diclofop molecule, which is translocated within the plant.
Crowbar Herbicide is a Group A mode of action. Diclofop Methyl, the active ingredient in Crowbar works by inhibiting fatty acid production via the prevention of acetyl CoA carboxylase (ACCase) synthase. As a result, Diclofop Methyl has been proven to destroy the plant’s cell membrane, prevent the translocation of assimilates (plant food reserves) to the root system, reduce plant chlorophyll content, and inhibit photosynthesis and meristem activity.
Why choose Crowbar herbicide:
- Contains the active ingredient Diclofop-Methyl.
- Proven performance.
- Cost-effective option for large-area treatment.
- Excellent turf safety characteristics on warm-season grasses including Couch, Kikuyu, Qld Blue & Buffalo.
- Very effective in controlling Crowsfoot when in the early growth stages (seedling to tillering).
- Can be applied regularly throughout the season.
- Rainfall and irrigation won’t diminish effectiveness as much as other products.
- A systemic selective herbicide that effectively kills target grass weeds in crops.
- Absorbed via the roots also if moisture is present in the root zone.
- Some residual activity in soil on later germinating weeds.
- Easy to use and apply and can be tank-mixed with compatible pesticides and fertilisers.
Crowbar Herbicide is applied at a rate of 1.0 – 2.5L/Ha (10mL – 25mL/100m2).
- Use the lower rate for seedlings, and the higher rate for more established Crowsfoot plants.
- A repeat application may be required in 2-4 weeks when treating more mature Crowsfoot plants.
- Results are best when Crowbar is applied under good growing conditions and weeds have sufficient leaf area ie 2 to 3 days after mowing.
- When using Crowbar, the following factors are critical to maximising herbicidal performance.
- Aim to apply Crowbar to the base of weeds to ensure penetration.
Crowbar Herbicide Pack Size: 20L
Registrant: Amgrow Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 66608)