Backrub – Self Feeding The AC Backrub – Self Feeding is a tool to apply a fly control solution to livestock. The AC Backrubs need to be pre-soaked with a fly control solution of your choice prior to use. They are not effective on their own. The AC Backrub is a high-quality backrub suitable for cattle and horses. They are manufactured from jute, continuous nylon braided netting and HD 6mm galvanised chain. Stock will treat themselves on demand resulting in effective control of buffalo fly and saving labour costs. Backrubs are available in 1, 2 & 3-metre self-feeding and plain designs. The Backrub uses a kink-resistant reinforced poly tubing to connect to a drum containing the oil/chemical mixture or organic solution. With the use of a tap on the drum, you can maintain continuous saturation without you needing to attend to it. There are two main fly control solution options:
- Chemical fly control plus backrub oil carrier solution
- Organic solution
The Backrub – Self Feeding allows the fly control solution to be applied to the cattle as they rub themselves against the backrub. It maximises effectiveness it is critical to set the back rub up correctly. The Backrub – Self Feeding will then allow cattle to treat themselves as they require. This is particularly important as some cattle appear to be more prone to fly infestations than others. By the cattle treating themselves on an “as needs basis” this will ensure fly populations are kept under control. Why Choose the AC Backrub?
- No need to muster to re-treat your cattle
- Reduces labour cost
- Lets the cattle treat themselves on-demand in the paddock
- Lower cost per animal treated
- Easily accommodates fluctuating herd sizes
- Easy to install and relocate
- Capital outlay quickly recouped by maintaining cattle quality
- Backrubs soak and feed an oil/chemical mix or organic solution.
Backrub Self Feeding Sizes;