Backrub – Plain
The Plain AC Backrub – Plain is a tool to apply a fly control solution to livestock. The AC Backrubs need to be pre-soaked with a fly control solution of your choice prior to use. They are not effective on their own.
AC Backrubs are high-quality backrubs suitable for cattle and horses. They are manufactured from jute, continuous nylon braided netting and HD 6mm galvanised chain. Stock will treat themselves on demand resulting in effective control of buffalo fly and saving labour costs.
Plain Backrubs are available in 1, 2 & 3 metre
The backrub plain requires pouring the fly control solution by hand onto the backrub after the initial soaking. The backrub must be submerged for a few hours to completely saturate the backrub in the fly control solution. Then hang the backrub vertically over the container to drain the excess off. Then hang the backrub in position.
There are two main fly control solution options:
- Chemical fly control plus backrub oil carrier solution
- Organic solution
The backrub plain allows the fly control solution to be applied to the cattle as they rub themselves against the backrub. It maximises effectiveness it is critical to set the back rub up correctly.
The backrub will then allow cattle to treat themselves as they require. This is particularly important as some cattle appear to be more prone to fly infestations than others. By the cattle treating themselves on an “as needs basis” this will ensure fly populations are kept under control.
Why Choose the Ac Backrub?
- No need to muster to re-treat your cattle
- Reduces labour cost
- Lets the cattle treat themselves on-demand in the paddock
- Lower cost per animal treated
- Easily accommodates fluctuating herd sizes
- Easy to install and relocate
- Capital outlay quickly recouped by maintaining cattle quality
- Backrubs soak and feed an oil/chemical mix or organic solution.
Backrub Plain sizes;
Manufacturer – AC Backrubs