Paramectin Pour-On for Cattle
Active Ingredient: Abamectin 5 mg/mL.
Similar or Comparable Products: Avomec Pour-On (Merial) & Virbamec Pour-On (Virbac)
Paramectin Pour-On is for the treatment and control of abamectin sensitive internal and external parasites of cattle. Paramectin Pour-On contains Abamectin, a member of the macrocyclic lactones (ML). It is effective against abamectin sensitive strains of internal and external parasites when applied to the skin along the backline of cattle.
Paramectin Pour-On is made from abamectin which is a member of the avermectin family of compounds. It provides a broad spectrum of efficacy against sensitive strains of the following adult and immature internal and external parasites of cattle including;
Adult and immature gastrointestinal roundworms:
- Small Brown Stomach Worm ~ Ostertagia ostertagi – including inhibited immatures
- Brown Stomach Worm ~ Ostertagia lyrata
- Barber’s Pole Worm ~ Haemonchus placei
- Stomach Hair Worm ~ Trichostrongylus axei
- Intestinal Hair Worm ~ Trichostrongylus colubriformis
- Small Intestinal Worm ~ Cooperia oncophora, C. punctata.
- Whipworm ~ Trichuris spp.
- Nodule Worm ~ Oesophagostomum radiatum
- Thin-necked Intestinal Worm ~ Nematodirus spathiger
- Intestinal Threadworm ~ Strongyloides papillosus
- Large Bowel Worm ~ Oesophagostomum venulosum
- Dictyocaulus viviparus – adult and immature
Sucking Lice and Biting Lice:
- Long-nosed sucking louse ~ Linognathus vituli
- Short-nosed sucking louse ~ Haematopinus eurysternus
- Little blue sucking louse ~ Solenopotes capillatus
- Biting louse ~ Bovicola bovis
Controls infection with:
- Ostertagia ostertagi – acquired up to 14 days after treatment
Paramectin Pour-On Controls infection with:
- Dictyocaulus viviparus – acquired up to 28 days after treatment
Paramectin Pour-On Controls infection with Cattle Tick:
- Boophilus microplus
Paramectin Pour-On Controls Buffalo Fly:
- Haematobia irritans exigua – also protects cattle from reinfection for up to 14 days after treatment
- Does not provide full control of the cattle biting louse Damalinia bovis
Why choose Paramectin Pour-On:
- Contains the active ingredient Abamectin.
- The convenience of a pour-on application
- Broad-spectrum parasite control. Controls internal parasites & external parasites
- Proven & Trusted
- Wide margin of safety. Pregnant and breeding cattle may be safely treated provided normal care is taken in handling.
- Ready to use with a unique mode of action.
Paramectin Pour-On Pack Sizes: 1L, 2.5L, 5L, 20L.
Registrant: Jurox Pty Ltd. (APVMA #: 50341)