Ivomec Pour-On for Cattle
Active Ingredient: Ivermectin @ 5.0 mg/mL
Ivomec Pour-on For Cattle is for the treatment and control of Ivermectin-sensitive gastrointestinal roundworms (including inhibited Ostertagia ostertagi), lungworm (Dictyocaulus viviparus), eyeworm (Thelazia spp.), sucking and biting lice, sarcoptic and chorioptic mange mites, buffalo fly (Haematobia irritans exigua) and cattle tick (Boophilus microplus) in cattle, and for the treatment and control of gastrointestinal roundworms and lungworm of red deer.
Ivomec Pour-on For Cattle is made from Ivermectin @ 5g/L. Ivermectin is a macrocyclic lactone medication used to treat many types of parasite infestations. The macrocyclic lactones have a very high efficacy against all stages (including inhibited forms) of the common cattle nematodes. The least susceptible nematodes are Cooperia and Nematodirus spp. Because of their high potency and elimination through milk, the macrocyclic lactones are not recommended for use in animals that produce milk for human consumption. Eprinomectin and moxidectin pour-ons are exceptions and have no milk withdrawal time in many countries.
When used as directed Ivomec Pour-On For Cattle treats and controls the following parasites of cattle:
Adult and immature: (L4):
- Small brown stomach worm (including inhibited stages) – Ostertagia ostertagi
- Barbers pole worm – Haemonchus placei
- Stomach hair worm – Trichostrongylus axei
- Intestinal hair worm – T. colubriformis
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia spp.
- Nodule worm Oesophagostomum – radiatum
Adult stages of:
- Cooperia oncophora
- C. punctata
- Oesophagostomum venulosum
- Whipworm – Trichuris spp.
- Intestinal threadworm Strongyloides papillosus
Immature stages of:
- Thin necked intestinal worm (L4) – Nematodirus spp.
- Lungworm – Dictyocaulus viviparous (adult and immature)
- Eyeworm – Thelazia spp (adult stages)
Sucking and Biting Lice:
- Linognathus vituli
- Haematopinus eurysternus
- Bovicola (Damalinia) bovis
- Solenopotes capillatus
Buffalo Fly – Haematobia irritans exigua
Mites – Chorioptes bovis & Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis
Cattle Tick – Boophilus microplus (including organophosphate-, synthetic pyrethroid-, and amidine-resistant strains.)
At the recommended dose of 1mL per 10kg, Ivomec Pour-On For Cattle controls:
- Trichostrongylus axei and Cooperia spp. for up to 14 days after treatment;
- Ostertagia spp. and Oesophagostomum radiatum for up to 21 days after treatment;
- Dictyocaulus viviparous (Lungworm) for up to 28 days after treatment;
- Haematobia irritans exigua (Buffalo Fly) for up to 21 days after treatment;
- Lice (Bovicola bovis and Linognathus vituli) for up to 56 days after treatment;
- Prevents the appearance of viable adult cattle ticks (Boophilus microplus) on cattle for 28 days after treatment.
Ivomec Pour-On For Cattle Pack Sizes: 1L, 2.5L, 5L & 20L
- The 20L pack size is packaged in a robust drum for the larger producer.
- Both the 2.5L and 5L pack sizes are packaged in convenient, collapsible backpacks for easy use.
- The 1L pack size features the flexible ‘Magicap’ dispenser which eliminates the need for a drench gun.
Registrant: Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Australia Pty. Ltd. (APVMA # 45721)