Alben For Sheep, Lambs & Goats
Active Ingredient: Albendazole @ 19g/L
Similar Or Comparable To Valbazen Broad Spectrum Sheep Lamb & Goat Drench (Intervet)
Alben For Sheep, Lambs & Goats is for the control of benzimidazole-sensitive mature and immature gastrointestinal roundworms, large lungworms, tapeworms and aids in the control of adult liver fluke in sheep, lambs and goats.
Alben For Sheep, Lambs & Goats is recommended for use in conjunction with other drenches that do not contain a benzimidazole active. Useful as a goat drench where benzimidazole effectiveness still exists.
- Barber’s pole worm – Haemonchus contortus
- Stomach hairworm – Trichostrongylus axei
- Small brown stomach worm – Teladorsagia (Ostertagia) spp
- Black scour worm – Trichostrongylus spp
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia spp
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus spp
- Nodule worm – Oesophagostomum columbianum
- Large bowel worm – Oesophagostomum venulosum
- Large mouthed bowel worm – Chabertia ovina
- Large lungworm – Dictyocaulus filaria
- Tapeworm – Moniezia expansa
- Aids in the control of adult stages of Liver Fluke – Fasciola hepatica
Why Choose Alben?
- For your white drench rotation
Alben contains alben-dazole, a member of the benzimidazole (BZ or white) drench family. If white Drenches are still effective on your property, Alben provides an opportunity to rotate away from macrocyclic lactone (ML) or levamisole (clear) drenches.
- Broad-spectrum worm control
Alben will control all major roundworms that are susceptible to a BZ drench (except whipworms). These worms reduce overall productivity especially in young animals. Weight gains can be affected significantly. Alben also controls tapeworms and aids in the control of adult liver fluke.
- Registered for goats
There are very few drenches registered for use in goats. Alben has been used safely by goat Producers across Australia for many years and continues to be one of the more popular drenches used in the goat industry.
- Very safe
Albendazole is amongst the safest of all active ingredients used in oral drench formulations.
Albendazole is ovicidal, ensuring that roundworm eggs passed in the dung are rendered infertile, reducing the potential for further pasture contamination. To obtain the maximum benefit of this, sheep and goats should not be placed on clean pasture until 12 hours after drenching
Alben For Sheep, Lambs & Goats Pack Sizes: 1L, 5L & 20L
Registrant: Virbac (australia) Pty Ltd (APVMA #:40645 )