Nilverm LV Oral Wormer
Active Ingredient: 80 g/L Levamisole Hydrochloride (equivalent to 68 g/L Levamisole)
Similar or comparable to Levamisole Oral Drench For Sheep And Cattle
Nilverm LV Oral Wormer is for the control of levamisole-sensitive roundworms, including lungworms in sheep and cattle and for the treatment of sensitive strains of roundworms in pigs and poultry. Nilverm LV contains levamisole, a member of the imidazothiazole (clear) group of anthelmintics (drenches).
What parasites does Coopers Nilverm LV Oral Wormer control;
Cattle and Sheep:
In cattle and sheep, Nilverm LV is effective against:
- Mature and immature Barber’s Pole worm (Haemonchus spp.)
- Black scour worm (Trichostrongylus spp)
- Stomach Hair Worm (Trichostrongylus axei)
- Small intestinal worm (Cooperia spp.)
- Thin necked intestinal worm (Nematodirus spp.)
- Hookworm (Bunostomum spp.)
- Large Mouthed Bowel Worm (Chabertia ovina)
- Nodule and Large bowel worms (Oesophagostomum spp.)
- Large Lungworm (Dictyocaulus spp.)
- Small brown stomach worm (Ostertagia spp.), in sheep and mature (adult only) (Ostertagia spp.) in cattle under 12 months of age.
When Ostertagia is the problem in cattle over 12 months of age a mectin (ML) pour-on (ie CattlePro or Paramectin Ivermectin Pour-On) is recommended.
In sheep, Nilverm LV is also effective against strains (proving they are sensitive to levamisole):
- Benzimidazole resistant and susceptible Barber’s Pole Worm (Haemonchus contortus)
- Black Scour Worm (Trichostrongylus spp.),
In Pigs, Nilverm LV Oral Wormer is effective in pigs against sensitive strains of :
- Mature and immature Large Roundworms (Ascaris suum)
- Stomach Worm (Hyostrongylus rubidus)
- Nodule Worm (Oesophagostomum dentatum)
- Lung Worm (Metastrongylus spp.)
- Mature Kidney Worm (Stephanurus dentatus) (NSW and QLD only).
In Poultry, Nilverm LV provides simultaneous treatment of the sensitive strains of the three most important intestinal worms in fowls, turkeys and other birds including;
- Caecal Worm (Heterakis Gallinae)
- Roundworm (Ascaridia Galli)
- Hairworm (Capillaria spp).
Why can’t I purchase Nilverm Pig & Poultry anymore;
- Coopers Nilverm LV Oral Wormer replaces Nilverm Pig & Poultry
Pack Sizes: 1-Litre (Nilverm LV 10-Litre packs were discontinued in 2022)
Registrant: Intervet Australia Pty Limited (APVMA #: 36152)