CYDECTIN ORAL DRENCH FOR SHEEP
Active Ingredient: Moxidectin @ 1g/L
Cydectin Oral Drench for Sheep is for the treatment and control of moxidectin sensitive gastrointestinal parasites (including benzimidazole and/or levamisole resistant strains), lungworm and itchmite of sheep.
Cydectin Oral Drench for Sheep is a second generation macrocyclic lactone endectocide which is effective against internal and external parasites sensitive to this family including the following parasites of sheep.
Mature (adult) and immature (L4)
- Barber’s pole worm – Haemonchus contortus
- Black scour worm – Trichostrongylus spp & Trichostrongylus colubriformis
- Stomach hair worm – Trichostrongylus axei
- Small brown stomach worm – Ostertagia (Teladorsagia) spp & Ostertagia circumcincta
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia spp & Cooperia oncophora
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus spp, Nematodirus battus, Nematodirus filicollis & Nematodirus spathiger
- Intestinal threadworm – Strongyloides papillosus
- Nodule worm – Oesophagostomum columbianum
- Large mouthed bowel worm – Chabertia ovina
- Large lungworm – Dictyocaulus filaria
- Black scour worm – Trichostrongylus rugatus & Trichostrongylus vitrinus
- Small brown stomach worm – Ostertagia trifurcata
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia curticei
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus abnormalis & Nematodirus helvetianus
- Large bowel worm – Oesophagostomum venulosum
- Whipworm – Trichuris ovis
- Itchmite – Psorergates ovis
WHY CHOOSE CYDECTIN ORAL SHEEP DRENCH?
- Contains moxidectin – Moxidectin is the most potent member of the ML family of drenches, meaning it can kill worms resistant to ivermectin and abamectin.
- Broad spectrum parasite control – Cydectin Oral is highly effective against all major internal parasites that are susceptible to a ML drench, including gastrointestinal roundworms and large lungworm. These worms reduce overall productivity, especially in young animals. Weight gains can be reduced and wool growth can be affected significantly. Cydectin Oral also controls itch mite.
- Persistent activity – Cydectin Oral prevents reinfection with Ostertagia spp and barber’s pole worm (Haemonchus contortus) for at least 14 days. It prevents pasture contamination by Ostertagia spp eggs for at least 35 days and barber’s pole worm (Haemonchus contortus) eggs for at least 30 days. Persistent activity is important when there is significant pasture contamination, as it can delay the need for subsequent drenching. Preventing pasture contamination by eggs can also delay the need for subsequent drenching.
- Unselenised – Excess selenium can cause toxicity issues in sheep. Where sheep are receiving sufficient amounts of selenium use an un-selenised drench. If selenium supplementation via a drench is required, Cydectin Se Oral Drench is recommended.
- Safety – Cydectin Oral has a wide margin of safety when used as recommended, and is readily accepted by sheep. It can be safely used concurrently with other treatments including mineral supplements, fluke treatments and vaccines.
PACK SIZES: 5L, 15L
REGISTRANT: Virbac (Australia) Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 45738)
Did you? Log in to leave a review.