Cydectin SE Oral Drench for Sheep with Selenium
Cydectin SE Oral Drench For Sheep With Selenium treats and controls moxidectin-sensitive gastrointestinal parasites (including benzimidazole and/or levamisole resistant strains), lungworm and itch mite of sheep. Cydectin SE Oral Drench also aids in the control of selenium-responsive conditions and is recommended for use in animals 60 kg live weight and below in rotation with other fully effective drenches.
What is Cydectin SE Oral Drench For Sheep With Selenium?
- Contains moxidectin – the most potent ML
- Broad spectrum control
- 14 days of persistent activity against barber’s pole worm and small brown stomach worm
- Ideal for highly contaminated pastures
- Contains selenium – Aids in the control of selenium deficiency
Cydectin SE Oral Drench for Sheep is a second-generation macrocyclic lactone endectocide effective against internal and external parasites sensitive to this family, including the following parasites of sheep.
- Mature (adult) and immature (L4)
- Barber’s pole worm – Haemonchus contortus
- Black scour worm – Trichostrongylus spp & Trichostrongylus colubriformis
- Stomach hair worm – Trichostrongylus axei
- Small brown stomach worm – Ostertagia (Teladorsagia) spp & Ostertagia circumcincta
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia spp & Cooperia oncophora
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus spp, Nematodirus battus, Nematodirus filicollis & Nematodirus spathiger
- Intestinal threadworm – Strongyloides papillosus
- Nodule worm – Oesophagostomum columbianum
- Large-mouthed bowel worm – Chabertia ovina
- Large lungworm – Dictyocaulus filaria
- Adult nematodes
- Black scour worm – Trichostrongylus rugatus & Trichostrongylus vitrinus
- Small brown stomach worm – Ostertagia trifurcata
- Small intestinal worm – Cooperia curticei
- Thin necked intestinal worm – Nematodirus abnormalis & Nematodirus helvetianus
- Large bowel worm – Oesophagostomum venulosum
- Whipworm – Trichuris ovis
- Itchmite – Psorergates ovis
Why choose Cydectin SE Oral Drench For Sheep With Selenium?
- Contains Moxidectin – Moxidectin is the most potent member of drenches’ macrocyclic lactone (ML) family, meaning it can kill worms resistant to ivermectin and abamectin.
- Broad spectrum parasite control – Cydectin SE is highly effective against all major internal parasites susceptible to ML drenches, including gastrointestinal roundworms and large lungworms. These worms reduce overall productivity, especially in young animals. Weight gains and wool growth can be reduced significantly. Cydectin Se Oral Drench also controls itch mites.
- Persistent activity – Cydectin Se Oral Drench prevents reinfection with Ostertagia spp and barber’s pole worm (Haemonchus contortus) for at least 14 days. It prevents pasture contamination by Ostertagia spp eggs for at least 35 days and barber’s pole worm (Haemonchus contortus) eggs for at least 30 days. Persistent activity is important when there is significant pasture contamination, as it can delay the need for subsequent drenching. Preventing pasture contamination by eggs can also delay the need for subsequent drenching.
- Contains selenium – Selenium deficiency impairs the immune system and can reduce disease resistance and cause ill thrift, infertility, scouring and white muscle disease.
- Safety – Cydectin Se Oral Drench has a wide margin of safety when used as recommended and is readily accepted by sheep. It can be safely used concurrently with other treatments, including mineral supplements (not selenium), fluke treatments and vaccines.
Cydectin SE is safe to use concurrently with other treatments, including fluke treatments and vaccines. Cydectin SE It is not recommended for use in goats as safety and efficacy have not been evaluated.
Pack Sizes: 5L & 15L
Registrant: Virbac (Australia) Pty Ltd (APVMA #: 48583)