Cortex Duo Industrial Herbicide
Active Ingredients: Nonanoic Acid @ 525g/L & Oxyfluorfen @ 15g/L
Cortex Duo Industrial Herbicide is for the non-selective residual control of seedling and young broadleaf and grass weeds, suppressing established weeds and perennial species, and controlling moss and algae. Cortex Duo is an industrial herbicide recommended for use in commercial, industrial, orchard, vineyard and forestry situations.
Why choose Cortex Duo Industrial Herbicide;
- Perfect for knockdown and residual weed control where Glyphosate is not wanted (e.g. Playgrounds, Local government locations where they have a non-glyphosate policy).
- It is ideal for knockdown and residual weed control around tree bases & under drip lines.
- Excellent for spot treatment of weeds (plus residual control) in garden beds (great safety around established ornamental plants).
- It is ideal for knockdown and residual weed control around Fencelines and Furniture (avoids the need for brush cutting). Cortex Duo doesn’t creep like glyphosate, so it is ideal for applications where creep is not desired.
- Outstanding for knockdown and residual weed control in nursery production.
- Excellent for control of weeds, algae, lichen, liverwort and moss on hard surfaces, gardens & rockeries.
Where can Cortex Duo Industrial Herbicide be used;
Cortex Duo is registered for use in and around paths, driveways, roadsides, sheds, gardens, amenity horticulture areas, protected cropping situations, nearby nursery stock, orchards and vineyards, fallow soils and forestry. It is also registered for the control of Moss and Algae in various situations, including gardens, paths, rockeries, tiled roofs, walls, driveways and around buildings.
Cortex Duo Industrial Herbicide controls seedling and young annual and perennial weeds and grasses, including;
|Barnyard Grass||Couch Grass||Liverseed Grass||Stinging Nettle|
|Camel Melon||Deadnettle||Moss||Stinking Roger|
|Carrot weed||Giant Brome Grass||Perennial Ryegrass||Whorled Pigeon Grass.|
|Clover||Indian Hedge Mustard||Potato Weed|
|Common Cotula||Lambs Tongue||Redshank|
Cortex Duo Industrial Herbicide contains a non-selective contact herbicide, Nonanoic Acid and a contact residual herbicide, Oxyfluorfen.
- Nonanoic acid occurs in plants, including geraniums. It acts on the foliage, causing it to quickly dehydrate and collapse. It works by stripping the waxy cuticle of the weeds, causing cell disruption, cell leakage, and death by desiccation. Results are seen as browning and wilting, usually within hours of application. To be effective, Cortex Duo Industrial Herbicide must come into contact with the green parts of the plant.
- Oxyfluorfen provides soil residual control of weeds for up to 3-6 months. Oxyfluorfen targets a specific enzyme, protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO), in the chlorophyll pathway. Inhibiting PPO in plants leads to an accumulation of phototoxic chlorophyll precursors, which rapidly disrupt cell membrane integrity in the presence of light. Oxyfluorfen possesses both pre and post-emergent weed control properties.
Pack Size: 10-Litre
Registrant: Indigo Specialty Products (APVMA #: 91838)